Chapt. 6

"What if we woke up one day, and none of this was even real?"

A specific pair of crystal blue eyes shoot open from their previously relaxed state when Taylor hears Karlie ask her a crazy question.

She sits up from the blondes lap as they lay in their California King bed, turning around with an unsatisfied look on her face. She crawls a little bit, straddling Karlie and looking down at her.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asks rather dead panned. Karlie likes to do things like this. Taylor's never known if it's her unfortunate drug hobby that makes her think this way or if it's just Karlie's own magnificent mind that creates these ideas. Sometimes, she wishes she could slip inside of Karlie's mind for a day, just to see what she thinks or get to experience what goes on in her head when no one can hear her.

Then she does that thing. Oh that thing, that indescribable look that she gives Taylor every once and a while that she sometimes swears if Karlie knew she was looking at her that way, the girl would try to hide it away faster than it appeared on her face. It's a look of pure admiration, pure love. It's that kind of love where she knows it deep down inside of herself, and she's terrified of it. Taylor hurts a little when she sees it's rare appearances, always wondering if Karlie will ever let herself be free by just telling her the truth. But knowing that the girl is so stubborn, she may never say a word.

"It means," she responds tenderly, slipping her hands up Taylor's abdominal, coming between her breasts and trailing up her neck to finally come to a rest on her jawline. Her green eyes eagerly scan Taylor's but her steady look of steel sends shivers down the older girls spine. Something inside her seems to shut down though, as if she was completely ready to explain, instead she stops herself.

Karlie clears her throat, "I'm being silly." She says with a raspy chuckle, "it's my mind." She adds, sitting herself up straight and slipping her hands around Taylor's back to pull the girl tighter against her own body. They're now both sitting up together, no space between their bodies as Karlie holds Taylor close and kisses her sweetly before biting her lip, and pulling away.

"You distract me too much." Taylor says breathlessly, completely forgetting anything they've been taking about. The sexual tension between them is making her body tense and ache. As if it wasn't already hard enough being around Karlie, now she's in a mood. Taylor thinks to herself, remembering all the times she had to compose herself around Karlie. The best and worst thing about whatever their relationship was, is their undeniable sexual tension. Nothing between them got old.

And Karlie knows exactly how to erase every complicated thought off of Taylor's mind when she's afraid of having to answer them. She slips her fingers down to the hem of Taylor's shirt, gently tugging it from being and pulling it out where it was tucked in her jeans. A small dark smirk of satisfaction slips onto her lips when she hears a sharp inhale next to her ear. Using her fingertips, she runs them lightly across the bare skin of the small of Taylor's back, before sliding her hands up further and reaching the back of her bra.

She kisses Taylor's neck slowly, lingering her finger over the clasp of Taylor's bra in a teasing manor. Her soft lips connecting with each spot of Taylor's toned neck either releases a gasp or a small moan from the singer. And Karlie can't help but think that even when Taylor isn't making music, she is.

Just as she's about to unhook Taylor's bra however, the older girl is saved by her own ringtone. "Shit.." Taylor mumbles as her phone sounds and vibrates from her back pocket. The vibration can be felt on Karlie's thigh and she gives the girl a suggestive look before being hushed by a blushing Taylor. She's able to wiggle her phone out and answer it before the caller hangs up, what she can't do is get out of bed, because Karlie won't let her. While she tries to slide off the bed from already making her way off of Karlie, it's the girls long arms that are linked around her waist and holding her back that prevents her from moving away.