Chapt. 3

When the morning comes after a long restless night together, Taylor stirs awake to the sound of early morning birds and the spilled sunlight splashing into the cabin bedroom.

She stretches, letting out a yawn as she rolls over to face Karlie. Immediate shock pours over her when she ends up rolling over to an empty side of the bed instead of Karlie. "What the hell?" She mumbles as she sits up, only to notice a small note laying across the pillow where Karlie should be.

Good morning my beautiful girl, I had to go into town for a few things. Breakfast is ready in the kitchen, I'll be home to kiss you soon.
P.S I've already fed the cats.
-K.

Taylor smiles and feels her cheeks blush as she reads the note a few times over. She slips out of bed, her naked and exposed body from the night before becoming cold and she quickly reaches over for a robe that's hanging on the wall. Wrapping the rose gold colored silk robe around her body, she yawns once again and lightly pads out to the kitchen.

Karlie couldn't have been gone that long because breakfast was still very warm. She sees Meredith run off toward the now empty master bedroom but Olivia makes her way out of the den area and sleepily approaches Taylor.

"Hello my little fuzzy cat." Taylor hums sweetly as she bends down and scratches Olivia's head for a moment before continuing to the table to eat.

She sits down at the little table and opens her phone to play some music. Karlie made pancakes, bacon, eggs and toast. Taylor bares a knowing smile, because Karlie clearly made this just for Taylor. She doesn't personally eat stuff like this. As she enjoys her meal along with a fresh cup of coffee she can't help but wish Karlie was home already. Taylor wondered what she was doing in town but chalked it up to probably just getting groceries or something.

By the time she finishes eating and washing the dishes, Karlie still hasn't made it back. Slightly confused, Taylor goes to send her a text but is quickly frustrated when she notices there isn't any service.

I guess I can't be mad, I kind of asked for that part. She acknowledges, remembering back to the gas station yesterday when she specifically wished for no service. A little on edge, Taylor convinces herself that everything is absolutely fine, and that she can go take a shower.

She slips away into the master bathroom. She starts up a hot shower and in about a minute, steam is already filling the room. Taylor can't wait to shower, her body aches from last night but it's the best pain possible, as she remembers being intertwined with Karlie in foreign sheets. Shyly she bites her lip before slipping off the silk robe and stepping into the shower.

As water pours down on her, she fully stands under it to embrace the almost massaging heat and water. Her mind flickers back to yesterday, and she feels a small ping of guilt. She had been so worried and doubtful of Karlie yesterday when they ran away together. Now, it's different. Tree semi knows where they are and Taylor reached out to her family yesterday as well. Her stomach clenches in a little fit of anxiety when she thinks about all the trouble and countless lectures she's sure she'll get when they return to the city, but she pushes that aside.

Right now, all Taylor wants is to focus on this time to get to know Karlie better.

I want to figure her out, she's so private and secretive, I just want to show her she can let me in.

As Taylor finishes up her shower and gets out, she dries off with her mind thinking a million things, most of which all lead back to Karlie. Taylor slips on a pair of dark skinny jeans and buttons up a red plaid shirt, skipping a bra because she really didn't need one. She brushes out her hair but decides to just let it dry, she didn't mind her curls coming out today. Finally after applying a small amount of makeup and slipping on a comfy pair of moccasins, Taylor leaves the steamy bathroom.