Chapt. 5

"No."

The apartment door slams heavily in Karlie's face as she stands defeatedly outside of it. For the last twenty minutes she's been bothering Taylor's best friend, Blake Lively, at her apartment because she needs herhelp. However, the second she asked for help with Taylor, the actresses door slammed quickly in her face.

"Blake, please don't shut me out. Whether you like me or not, you love Taylor and I know that you know how awful she's been the last few days. I want to fix things, please, help me." Karlie pleas quietly from the other side of the door. She leans her right arm against the outside door frame and rests her eyes on her arm, she was fearful of this happening and could quite honestly cry right now.

Until she hears the lock slide and when she looks up, Blake is slowly opening the door.

"Why are you practically whispering?" Blake questions skeptically, giving Karlie a curious look.

"You have two young kids, I may be some irresponsible pop star, but I'm not rude." Karlie responds as she still stands outside the door.

Blake looks her over for a few brief moments before visibly lowering her guard and stepping aside, gesturing for Karlie to come in.

"Thank you." Karlie mumbles politely as she takes a few steps into Blake and Ryan's apartment.

"You're wasting your time here, Karlie, I can't help you." Blake says, pushing past Karlie and heading back to her living room.

The singer hesitates, she's only met Blake a few brief times which clearly isn't enough to be just walking throughout her house. But when Blake turns around with a furrowed expression, probably wondering why Karlie is still standing by the door, she lowers her head a bit and follows. Hesitantly she takes a seat on the couch across from the one Blake is sitting on, she never feels so awkward around people.

Usually Karlie is strong and dominant when it comes to being around people she didn't know. That wasn't the case around Blake however. Maybe it was because she doesn't know her or maybe it's just because she's Taylor's best friend, not Karlie's. And Karlie isn't here to get to know the woman, she's here to ask for Blake's help.

Knowing full and well that Blake already doesn't think Karlie deserves it.

"You may say you can't help me, but I know you can." Karlie disputes respectfully, a little too afraid to meet Blake's eyes. Typically Karlie is the kind of girl to intimidate and assert dominance, but she feels as though that has all changed. She doesn't exactly know who she is anymore.

Ever since she met Taylor, she's felt that way.

Plus, Blake was intimidating to Karlie. She could never pinpoint a real reason why, chalking it up to the combination of things. It was her consistently soft tone with her well mannered behavior that read a true mystery to Karlie. Blake was very self aware, she knows exactly how naturally beautiful she is and she carries that in such a grace that you can never figure out if she's furious with you or genuinely enjoying your company.

If you think about it, a real deadly combination.

"Taylor needs to see me and after calling me endlessly, she's stopped. I need to make things up to her." Karlie tries again through the actresses paralyzing silence. "I need to make things right, I don't like feeling like I've hurt her or that there's been a misunderstanding. You don't know me and I know that but please, if you help me and let me show you how I can make this better and never leave again, you won't be disappointed."

Another pregnant pause fills the air at Karlie completely letting her guard down and showing how vulnerable she can be. She needed to though, she only ever has known one thing about Blake and that is that she likes sincerity. So if Karlie has to completely break down her walls and expose herself to how much she loves Taylor, she's willing to if it means help getting her back.