Prologue, part two

*previously published see: one shots*

"Taylor.."

Standing in front of Karlie now is a broken Taylor swift. Her blue eyes are glowing despite how red and puffy her eyes are. Tear streaks run down her face and she looked exhausted.

"Why won't you just go home." Taylor says, trying to sound aggravated but coming off defeated.

"Because." Karlie says simply as she steps forward and wraps her arms around Taylor's head, bringing her into her chest tightly for a hug. With her foot, she kicks the door shut and focuses entirely on holding Taylor close.

Hesitantly, Taylor lifts her arms and rests her palms against Karlie's toned stomach. She wants nothing more than to push Karlie away and their both well aware of that, but Taylor never does.

She allows herself to be held by Karlie.

"I'm so sorry Taylor. I never meant a word of what I just said to you. I'm selfish and awful. I do things wrong and I lash out because that's the only way I can stay relevant. Not even in this industry but in my personal life, outside of this." Karlie begins, she shifts herself carefully so that she can lift Taylor's face. Her cold hands gently rub along Taylor's jawline, lifting her face to see her again. She stares into her eyes and feels tears pulling at her own. "You're so unbelievably talented Taylor and I admire you so much. You're exactly who you're supposed to be and no one can tell you otherwise."

A slight blush appears on Taylor's cheeks and she shifts her mouth to prevent a smile from coming onto her face.

"Why do I feel like you're not always this nice?" She asks Karlie, through a small smile and little laugh.

Karlie kisses Taylor's forehead but her own smile falls suddenly and Taylor notices. Karlie's green eyes scan Taylor's own blue ones so intently that Taylor feels her breath hitch.

"I don't know what you're doing to me," Karlie whispers. "But for some reason, I feel like I'd let you do it for the rest of my life, and I've never felt like that before." She continues.

It's silent in the apartment. Taylor is completely stunned by the small yet vast confession that Karlie has just made. It's weird, they've only just met this morning and yet here they are, kissing and confessing some kind of unexplained feelings to one another.

And it didn't feel wrong, it felt completely right.

Taylor has heard about Karlie for a while now. She didn't step graciously into the industry, instead she fell head first and ever since she did her entire life has been put on blast in the media. Taylor has always liked Karlie's music and yet she's always been kind of turned off to the girl. She heard how demanding and brutal Karlie could be, she knew about the drug use and partying, along with numerous hookups. Yet for some reason she's always felt drawn towards Karlie, so when she got the chance to work with her and aide in her public image, Taylor couldn't refuse.

That kiss however, clearly changed everything. Taylor has never been kissed like that before, and she on return has never kissed someone the way she kissed Karlie. When she was spewing her rant of insults towards Taylor, all the singer wanted to do was kick her out right then and there. But there was an overwhelming desire to just kiss her.

There had been ever since Karlie walked into the studio early today, and it doesn't make sense.

But she doesn't want to fight it.