Chapter Fifty-Four

~

Rosalie's POV:

~

A week had passed and I was slowly getting worse. The family visited everyday for a few hours, but gave me enough space so I wasn't uncomfortable. Jay, however, didn't leave my side for more than an hour at a time. He was making me nervous; what would happen to him after all of this was over?

I was so sick of laying here attached to machines and wires and not being able to move or get up and walk around. But Jay didn't even seem to mind spending at least twenty-three hours a day stuck in here. He watched me closely every single second of every day.

And I honestly loved him for it.

I sighed as I realized he was gone right now. Sean, Luke, and Tom were here now, messing around with a red balloon from one of my gift baskets. Nick and Gina had actually gone out to Mexico to meet up with the boys after Gina finally realized she liked Nathan. My parents and Jay's parents and Eleanor were out sightseeing- but they told me they were running errands. I mean, we were on Los Angeles. I loved it here more than anywhere else.

I mindlessly began playing with my ring as I closed my eyes to the music. I had put in earbuds and began playing my favorite The Wanted songs to drown out the sound of Jay's brothers playing Keep The Balloon From Touching The Floor. Really, who hasn't played that game?

I suddenly heard a loud crash and my eyes snapped open to see that they had knocked over a vase with flowers in it from my mum.

"Boys." I scowled.

"Sorry! We'll clean it up right away!" They said, scared like the three little pigs and I was the wolf.

They ran to the door to go get stuff to clean up the glass and water when Jay appeared.

"Idiots." He muttered when he saw the glass and water splattered all over the floor.

"We're gonna clean it, geez." Luke said, rolling his eyes before the three left.

"Sorry I left you with them." Jay said. He was carrying a gift basket.

"Jay, I said no more gifts." I told him, gesturing towards the table of about twenty large baskets filled with my favorite things to keep me occupied- organic white chocolate, Avatar, magazines, Breaking Bad series, nail polish, and some of my old favorite childhood games from home.

"Actually, a fan gave this one to me for you. She was so little and sweet. Probably about nine years old. She was with her mum and she had her front teeth missing and little pigtails. She gave this to me and told me to say that you will always be her idol." Jay explained, handing me the basket. "She made me pinky promise not to open it."

"But it's covered in clear wrap-"

"I know, but she didn't want me to peek." Jay laughed, sitting on the edge of the bed next to me.

I carefully untied the ribbon around the top and let the wrapping fall to the sides. There were three cards. I read them all. The first was from the little girl, Elisa, and the second was a card full of popular pictures of Jay and I. The last were several signings from a bunch of twfanmily members wishing me the best and telling me how I was a role model to them. I began tearing up.

All this time I had always focused on the negative comments by some of the fanmily, when really I should have been focused on the good ones.

"That's so sweet." I smiled, reading every name and every entry in the third card.

Then, I looked inside the basket. There was a gorgeous necklace that was a locket with a picture of Jay and I in it, a picture frame with a paper instead of a picture inside. On it was the lyrics to Out Of Time in purple script. There were some nice hand lotions and soft skin creams and other small gifts.

"I will have to thank Elisa with a tweet. Hold up the cards and smile," Jay told me, taking out his phone. I smiled the best I could and held up the cards, the rest of the gifts spread out in my lap. Jay snapped a picture.

A few moments later, he showed me the tweet. It read 'Rose enjoying this gift basket:) Thanks so much, Elisa! x (picture link)'

"Aw. I hope she sees it." I said, neatly putting the gifts back into the basket.

"Me too. So how have you been feeling today?"

"Not too bad. Tomorrow I have another scan and MRI."

"I hope it goes well. Do you feel any pain?"

"Actually, I've been meaning to tell the doctor that I have started coughing a bit." I told him. Jay nodded.

"Tell him tomorrow before the scans. It probably doesn't mean anything, but we can't be too careful."

"Jay, you're even more stressed out than I am. Just lay down with me and relax. It is what it is." I told him, taking his hand in mine.

"I know. I just love you so much, princess." He said softly, leaning down to kiss my lips. "You make me so worried and stressed out."

"Sorry." I said sheepishly.

"No, do not blame yourself. I love you so much so you worry me."

"I love you too, Jay." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi.

What'd you think?

Comment & Vote please!

Thanks for reading!

xx