Chapter Fifty

~

Jay's POV:

~

An estimated three weeks.

The time downgraded from over a month to just three weeks.

Apparently, Rosalie's sick body didn't react well to the medicine she was given and it irritated the place where she had the surgery. To get everything fixed she lost a lot of blood. She began throwing up and coughing hard and her breaths were deep.

Through it all I stood right next to her and held her hand. I kissed her forehead and cheek when she needed it and whispered comforting words.

And yet I had never been so scared shitless in my entire life.

I could have lost Rosalie that night. If I hadn't gotten the doctor so soon she could have internally bled out. She could have suffocated from the medicine burning in her stomach.

All of these thoughts and more were racing through my mind as I looked down at Rosalie's thin, frail body. She was extremely bony from weight loss. She had pale, ghost-white skin that was dry and brittle. Her eyes no longer held a luring shine, but showed pain and sadness. She barely had the energy to sit up and stand.

"I don't know what we're gonna do." I heard them whispering.

"We have to be in Arizona for a concert tomorrow night and if we don't leave soon..."

"Maybe we should let Jay attend his personal situations. Me and Nate did when we had to."

"I guess you're right."

"Management will be furious."

"Honestly, I don't wanna leave either. Poor little Rose. She's gonna be a beautiful angel."

"I know, right?"

"If you speak any louder you might wake her up." I said, quietly slipping away to the back of the room where the others were.

"Jay, if you need to then take a month off. Rosalie needs you." Tom told me with an encouraging pat on the back.

"Yeah, I mean Nath and Max left when they needed to. You know you won't be able to perform anyways." Siva added.

"I know." I sighed.

"When will her parents be here?" Siva asked me.

"They should be here by morning." I replied in a hushed voice. Rosalie began to stir and I honestly didn't want her to wake up soon. Whenever she woke up she would be in pain and then the doctor would have to give her medicine to make her sleep since she had to be tested again for certain pain medications.

"We have to be in Phoenix by three tomorrow and we're leaving tonight." Tom said.

"I'll call management and figure something out." I decided.

"Hey, we brought McDonald's for everyone!" Nick and Gina said as they entered the room.

"Yay!" The boys cheered, running at them for the food.

I grabbed some french fries and then went back to the chair beside Rosalie's bed. She began to move restlessly and the noise the others were creating didn't help.

The heart monitor sped up the slightest bit, letting me know that she was waking up. She mumbled incomprehensible words and shook her head.

Maybe she wasn't waking up.

Maybe she was dreaming.

I tried to focus on her so I could make out the words she was saying.

"Jay..." she murmured, trailing off. "No. You promised." She whispered. That part was so clear I would have thought she was awake. "Stop it." She said barely audible. Then she turned over slightly and nestled back into a peaceful, deep sleep.

When she woke up I would have to remember to ask her about what she was dreaming of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think?

Comment and Vote please!

Thanks for reading!

xx