This better not be because of a girl

Chapter 1

Ezra

As we make our way down the dark and deserted road, I can't help feeling nostalgic looking around. Remembering all the good times we had here. I, can't believe that it's been seven years since we had been home.

Since we were driven from our home, but now we are returning to take back our home.

"We're almost Home Ezzie!" My little sister Amber squealed in the back of the car.

"Yes, we are 'lupul mic'." I say back to her. I can see her blush slightly. When I call her by the nickname I give her when we we're little. It means (little wolf) in Romanian. I can see the excitement in her eyes. I hope our old home isn't a big disappointment to her.

"Ezra, are you sure about this?" My Beta, Vanessa, asks me.

"Yes Nessa, I am very sure." I answer her back. This being the twelfth time asking me this.

"Ezra I wish that you would just listen to me!" Nessa says.

I have known she is not happy with the decision I made. With us returning home but it was time to take back what we lost.

"I did listen to you..." I say back to her in a calming tone. Nessa is not known for her calm attitude, so I know that me speaking to her in this way is angering her.

"Why do you love pissing me off Ezra?" I just smile at her, and then she takes a deep him breath and huffs it out in frustration.

"Nessa, I am aware of the dangers... We are wiser than the ranked wolves that came before us." I say hoping that it might calm her down. What I was saying is very true, we are much wiser than the ones that came before us. I would never put my family in any danger. I just wish that Nessa would see that. It is time for us to reclaim our territory.

"I just can't believe that your mother, agreed with this decision." She says back to me.

"My mother is enjoying her retirement. Plus she sees the logic behind my decision." I say back. Once I said that I could see the surprise look on her face. I know that she was hoping. That my mother would change my mind. However, my mother is no longer the Alpha. I am the Alpha now. Everything goes quite as we sit there in silences. Well, that is until someone breaks the silence.

"Oh come on, Nessa... Why can't you just be happy like the rest of us?" Amber speaks up. She hates it when me, and Nessa argue over things.

"I never said that I wasn't happy... I just want to make sure that Ezra understands how dangerous this is." She says to Amber. And just like that the conversation was over.

I sigh in relief that for now this topic is done. I let my eyes wander to look out towards the forest. Letting my memories come back of my last night walking Zoey home.

Flash back 7 years ago

"What's wrong Ezra?" I look over at Zoey with her red hair and bright blue eyes staring intently into my eyes. I can feel my heart skpping a beat when I look into her eyes.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking about the life that we are going to have together." Once I said that she blushed slightly. I knew the moment; I saw her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. So I wasn't kidding around when I told her that.

"Stop saying things like that Ezra." She says while putting her hands over her face.

"I can't help it. I love making you blush." I wasn't lying I love making her blush. It only made her cuter.

Although I was a little on edge; and I didn't know what was wrong. Only that I knew there was something wrong. I just didn't want to scare Zoey.

"Well, this is where we say goodnight." She says bringing me back to the here and now.