your birthday

(Scroll down for Gray)

Ethan:
You were out at the mall/shops with Ethan, about a week before your birthday. You spotted your favourite jewellery shop and decided to go in for a look. A beautiful ring caught your eye; it was rose gold with small diamonds encrusted in it. Ethan asked the salesperson how much the ring was, noticing you liked it.

"$600." She answered. You sighed with disappointment. There was no way you were paying that much for a small ring. You grabbed Ethan's arm and left the store.

When your birthday eventually came around Ethan handed you a small, red velvet box. You opened it to reveal the ring you saw last week. "Oh my god Ethan! I don't even know what to say," you gasped, tears brimming in your eyes. You felt bad that he had spent that much on a little ring.

He smiled and bent down on one knee, "May I?" He slipped the ring onto your finger and kissed your hand. He was so sweet it made your heart melt.

Grayson:
You were anticipating what Grayson was going to do for your birthday. For past years he had gone overboard. By the time the night of your birthday rolled around, you realised it was a surprise.

Grayson placed a blindfold over you and walked you around until he said, "Okay, we're here." You took the blindfold off and gasped. You were at your favourite beach. To the right was an open beach hut which he had hired out. There was a table in the middle setup for a for a fancy candlelit dinner. You saw private waiters he had hired that guided you to your seat and handed you a fruity cocktail.

"Oh my god Grayson this is beautiful," you said, taking in the scenery. You knew that the setup of everything would've been expensive.

"It's your birthday," he shrugged as he smiled, "which is why I have something else." He handed you a small box and you open it, revealing a beautiful gold chain with a jade stone. Gray stood up and clasped the necklace around your neck, and his fingers tickled you as they brushed your collarbone.