After a day that resembled hell I was finally walking out of detention at almost 5:30, everyone was gone, even the two people I spent detention with, they pretty much raced off jumping in their cars right away, so I was alone walking out of the school and it was almost dark, oh the joy. I kept up a steady pace, I would be lying if I didn't say I was beyond terrified, I had no reason to be anymore I know but it still doesn't shake the feeling , that's why my heart almost leapt out of my chest when a car pulled up beside me, so what'd I do? I ran, almost tripping a few times I must admit but I did not stopping running till I reached my front door in which I slammed closed and locked. I ran into my bedroom trying to catch my breath. I'm so stupid it was just probably someone parking their car, I'm such a freak.

I grabbed my iPod plugging it in and grabbed my sketch book leaning again my bed pulling out my LEDs. I clicked shuffle and immediately felt relaxed when Sleeping with Sirens cover of iris blasted through the speakers, I hit repeat and let the lyrics consume me as I let all emotions out on multiple pieces of paper.

'And I don't want the world to see me coz I don't think that they'd understand, when everything's meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am'

My hands were shaking as I blended the darker shades of led out with my fingers to give the picture I was drawing depth, I mumbled along to the lyrics trying my best to keep myself together, i heard footsteps outside the door and almost pounced on the door as it opened until I saw it was mum "mum, what are you doing home?" She took in everything around, from the shattered art supplies to the pounding music of the same repetitive song. She bent down pausing the music and sitting beside me.
"I finished early. Why do I have voice messages from Kelly, saying Kyle's locked himself in his room, why are you listening to iris on repeat and what happened to your arm?" My mother, so inquisitive.
"1, I'm not talking to him, so I wouldn't know nor care. 2, I like the song and I had a shit day. 3, I cut it whilst opening a new tin or canvas lacquer in art" lie lie lie. I'm too good.
"Katie dear, no one is worth your tears, you are a strong girl and don't need anyone to better you, you are you, that's truer than true" she lectured whilst also quoting a favourite of mine, dr Seuss.
"Thanks mum"
"Now can I let Jace up, he was on the porch"
"Um not tonight, I just want to draw" she nodded, pressing play on my music and leaving the room. I cleared repeat and let my music shuffle as I continued my drawing, a lot less violently.

**

"Katie, Katie stop and listen to me will you" I was weaving through people in the corridors and Jace was hot on my trail. I don't like how dependent I've been on the boys, so I've tried distancing my self but they're going mental, hence him somewhat chasing me through the corridor. I mad a sharp turn into an empty class room, knowing he'd follow me, and i was right, he quickly closed the door locking it stalking right towards me practically pushing me against the wall.
"What is your problem Katie? You've been ignoring me and barley talking to Eli and Liam, we hardly ever see you at lunch, your always in the art rooms or locked away at home. I don't understand, make me understand" his voice somewhat raised with each voice but not with anger, with pain. I tried moving away from him but he put an arm either side of me so I couldn't slide past him.

"I don't like how dependent I've become of you guys, especially you, it's been almost half a school year and nothing good has happened, I need to start doing stuff for me"
"I know this year has been shitty, it's been shit for all of us"
"Were you kidnapped and raped?"
"Katie I-"
"No" I slapped his arm away "I am sick or being scared and sad, so I'm doing something about it"
"doing something about it hey? Locking yourself in your house or spending every waking hour of your free time either in the painting room or photography room"
"My art calms me down and you know that Jace"
"Your fucking art isn't going to protect you, or love you or care for you?" Why is he mad.
"no maybe not but my art will help me to get the hell away from here"
"what?"
"I've been making art portfolios, for university, universities in England" I slammed my hand on the table pissed off, I knew this would hurt him. (A/N if I haven't said before this story is based in Australia, around 3 hours away from Melbourne)
"England, as in Europe England? England. What the fuck Katie? Why?"
"It has some of the best art schools are career networks"
"So does Melbourne. What happened to Melbourne, the five of us always planned to go there?"
"Exactly the 5 of us, there's on 4 now and it's all so different, I'm different"
"Cut the crap"
"I'm serious Jace, it's only a 3 year course"
"I know you Katie and you will stay there, you will move there and leave me here"
"Come with me"
"Don't be stupid Katie, get your head out of the clouds" he growled.
"How about you get your head out of your arse" I walked past him but he snatched my arm but I just shoved his backwards were he fell into a desk. I ran out of the room almost trembling, lunch was almost over so I headed to my last period early, photography.