Chapter 12

"Katie your phone is ringing like crazy" Jace banged on the shower door!
"Hang on I'm almost out" I called back rinsing my hair and turning off the shower, ringing out out my now hairspray free hair. I looked around the bath room, I forgot I had no clothes apart from a formal dress, great, towel will have to door. Underwear in one hand and my other keeping my towel on I excited the bathroom walking back into Jace's room.

"Who keeps calling?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed.
"Take a guess" I caught the phone he tossed to me, as I thought Tessa, 4 missed calls. I told Jace not to speak if he wants to live and called the witch who has no trust in me.
"Hi Aunty Tess"
"Katie where are you it's almost 1pm"
"I'm at Lily's, we woke up late, I didn't specify a time I was coming home anyway"
"Well come home soon"
"No I think I'm going to stay another night"
"What, no your not"
"Please Aunty Tess, you've got me all week and next weekend" I put on the sweetest voice possible.
"Oh alright dear, just miss my niece, see you tomorrow bunny and I've got so much about the charity ball to talk about with you"
"I can't wait"
"Bye sweetie"
"Bye" I hung up the phone to see a very amused Jace "sweet is the only way to get through to her" I grumbled sitting my phone down "can I borrow some clothes?" He stood up passing me a pair of sweats and a singlet, wait that looks like mine "is this mine" he nodded "you left it here once, figured you'd need it again" I smiled slipping it all on.
"So what are you doing next weekend with the Aunt, obviously it's important if she's letting you stay out again?" He had got to know her quite well over the years.
"Um yeah, I'm going to the charity ball me and cam went to her with a few times, she's going to dress me up and parade me around the auction me off"
"Auction? What do you mean?"
"People essentially bid to spend the rest of the night with me, like dancing, eating, drinking"
"That's messed up, I didn't want you going away next weekend, alone"
"I should be fine, there will be security and stuff"
"as much as you hate her do not leave the witches side" I nodded cuddling into his side, I usually hate their protectiveness but now I'm really thankful "come on let's get coffee" this is why I'm friends with this boys, he knows me!

**
"Katie come on we have to leave now" I groaned grabbing my bag to meet Aunty Tess and mum at the door "have you got my dress?" I asked.
"Yes it's in the dress bag safe, not that duffle thing you carry" I had to hold back all the urge I had to roll my eyes "now say goodbye, I'll be in the car" I grabbed my duffle and handbag giving mum a kiss and hug following Tessa to the car, before I got in I spotted Jace in his car across the road, I nodded stepping into the car. Last weekend we'd made a deal, he was going to stay in Tessa home town to make sure if I needed help he'd be there, I took some convincing but eventually agreed. As soon as we sped off I wanted to shoot myself, the radio begun to blast church songs and a mixture off ancient tunes that weren't the good kind. Trust me.

Almost 3 hours later we were pulling into Tessa's driveway as she yapped my ear off about how I only had 5 minutes before we had to be off to the parlour to get all glamoured up, originally I thought I was getting myself ready but apparently not "just let me chuck on a button down top so I can take it off easily when I'm getting ready" I told her rushing to the guest room, once I did as a said, throwing on a flanny with my jeans I met Tessa in the kitchen pouring a coffee into a travel mug "let's go" I smiled, a smile reached either side of her face as she grabbed her bag practically pulling me out of the house, I quickly grabbed my bag stumbling out behind her. Shit this woman does not play around.
"Oh I'm so excited Katie, your finally at the age I can take you to do stuff like this" I just smiled and nodded pulling out my phone.

Jace: I'm at the hotel, make sure you call me if you need me
Me: okay, I'm about to go and get turned into a 'lady"
Jace: ooh send me pics
Me: fat chance that is happening
Jace: party pooper
I smiled at the messages when the car came to a halt "we are here" I looked at the building, it was pink, how typical. I followed Tessa in as she talked and laughed with the ladies in the parlour "oh this is my niece, I'll have the usual and give her something gorgeously elegant, her hair up preferably" ugh she's so sickly sweet when she wants to be. One of the ladies guided me to a chair and begun turning me into Aunt Tessa's view of 'gorgeously elegant'.