Chapter 3

Hi guys, my train got delayed so here I am writing another chapter, I hope you enjoy, please don't feel hesitant to give me feed back and share my story. Thanks xx

**

It's been four days of school and all I can say is it's hell. No body has got the hint that I really don't want to talk or receive there pity, it's Thursday night and I'm sat on the shed roof with a blanket and bottle of vodka. How cliche, a broke girl drinking vodka whilst staring at the stars. I know, I know but mums visiting Aunt May and I declined going and now I feel quite lonely. Call the boys you may say I feel as if I'm making them sadder, my constant dull attitude and not really give anything but short responses. They haven't been around apart from picking me up for school. I know it's hard on them, they lost their best friend as well and they probably don't want to be around me. Oh well. I have my trusty friend in a bottle.

Sliding off the roof I took another swig laying on the grass staring at the stars. My phone rung, I let it ring out, then it ring again, I once again ignored it, and then it rung again. Why are people so persistent?

"Yes?"
"Katie"
"Oh hi Jacey, why you *hiccup* ringing"
"Wanted to see if you were alright and wanted to watch a movie?"
"*hiccup* oh well I'm -"
"Are you drunk?" He cut me off, my giggle must've confirmed his question "Katie, hoe much have you had"
"Half a bottle much"
"What?"
"What?"
"Katie"
"Jace" I laughed and hung up. I don't need their lectures. They were pissed the night of Cameron's funerals why can't I be now. I think it's fair.
Rolling to my feet I trudged back inside flopping on the couch closing my eyes feeling tired from the alcohol. Sitting around and drinking can be quite tiring and I felt so weak.

**
My head had a heart beat and my stomach felt vile, alcohol seems like a good idea in the moment but next time let me rethink it. I could feel the taste of vomit in my mouth, should've taken aspirin before bed, stupid Katie!
I swear I emptied my whole stomach in the toilet bowl but I still had more to offer the toilet apparently as I continued to heave my insides into the bowl. Ew.
"Katie" fuck. It's Friday, the boys would come and get me for school, didn't jade tell them. I coughed again letting more liquids flow of of my mouth, come on give me a break "Katie" the bathroom door burst open, the would see such a sight before them. Hungover frail girl resting her head against her cast which is against a toilet bowl in a bra and sweats with my hair resembling a bird nest. I know, hot.

"Jesus Katie" Eli sighed rubbing my back.
"Guys go to school" I mumbled coughing more liquid into the toilet "I'm fine"
"Yeah and pigs can fly. We can't leave you alone K"
"Go Liam honestly it's just a hangover" they shook their head at me
"It's not just a hangover" Eli sighs.
They all just stood there mumbling between each other whilst I opened my mouth whilst my body decided to be cruel and pour more liquid from me "go" I coughed.

"I'll stay, see you guys tonight" that was Jace. Eli and Liam agreed, they knew me and Jace were always closest. Jace sat beside me rubbing my back "almost empty?" He gave me a lop sided smile. I nodded returning it "let's clean you up, and when was the last time you washed you hair?"
"It's hard remember" I waved my cast in his arm. Jace lifted me from the ground sitting me on the side of the bath mumbling he'll be back and that he was. I had my arm out whilst he wrapped a plastic bag around the cast preventing it from getting wet. He leaned across my turning on the tap filling the tub with warm water.
"Up" he pulled me up pulling the waist of my sweats down leaving me in my undies and bra "in" I hoped in the tub in my underwear leaning back slightly closing my eyes, however when I opened them I saw Jace looking at the right side of my body.

"Is that from the accident" I had some scratches and quite large bruises, I forgo the boys wouldn't have seen them "yeah but they don't hurt anymore"
It was silent in the bathroom as I hugged my knees and Jace washed my hair, it took a while from the lack of maintenance but he managed to get it unknotted and cleaned with shampoo and conditioner a lot better than I would've. Sometimes you just need help I guess.

**
It was around 2 pm and I was sweats and a sports bra laying beside Jace in my bed watching pretty little liars. Believe it or not, it took no convincing. I still felt rank and felt bad Jace looking after me but he said he was happy to, and he actually did seem happy.
"Are you coming to the game tonight?" Right I forgot, it was silver-falls-highs first game of the season, Cameron was in line to be captain, Liam also played.
"Um I don't know" I didn't want to go and see them play without my brother, that team was his pride and joy, then again I'm sure he'd want me there for Liam.
"There's going to be a little thing at the start, Liam said coach wanted you to accept Cameron's jersey"
"What do you mean?"
"They've reserved number 14 for Cam only, no other player at silver-falls will get that number again" why didn't I know about this "your mum knows about it, she didn't know when to tell you so I said I would" that explains it.
"He'd want me there"
"Yeah he would"

**
I was sitting on the couch waiting for the boys to come get me, it was almost 6:30 and the game starts at 7. Jace told me to just wear jeans and jumper since I'd put Cam's jersey on eventually, and my hair was tamed thanks to Jace washing it.
I heard the beep of Eli's car and locked the door behind me as I ran out "you look great K" I smiled thanking Liam.
School wasn't far and before I know it we were there. Eli and Jace had gone to get us seats at the front and I was ordered to follow Liam to meet the team and wait to receive Cam's number as Jace had explained.

"Katie dear"
"Coach" I hugged the old man that felt like family, he'd always looked after Cameron so well and I got to know him quite well over the years here.
"Thank you for coming dear, it means a lot to have one of the Summer's here tonight"
"I couldn't imagine missing it. Mums sorry she couldn't be here"
"Come see the team, they're dressed I promise" I followed coach to the locker room "LADY ENTERING" I chuckled at coach following him in standing before 12 boys who's were all such a big part of Cameron's time here.

"Hi boys" I waved smiling. Liam was giving me an extra big smile making me feel a lot calmer about this. We all sat and talked whilst I helped the boys wrap tape around their arms in recognition of Cam. They were lovely, so much better than the halls at school lately, they didn't bother me and left me to talk to who I knew.

"Alright, Jersey ceremony" I felt my stomach fall as we walked out, I was between Liam and Andrew. We were all lined up on the halfway line ready for the announcement of names. I saw Jace and Eli sitting front row of the bleachers giving a thumbs up whilst Liam had his arm wrapped around my waist. How'd I get so lucky.

The competitors team has already done there Jersey ceremony at a school assembly so Andrew told me, apparently you only do it on game night if it's at your school, which this year it was. 9 boys names had been called and it was just about Liam's turn.
"Liam Archer 23" coach called into the mike, I smiled clapping for Liam.

"On behalf of Cameron, his sister Katie Summers will receive his jersey. Cameron's number has been reserved in m memory of his at this school and no one will receive this number in the future. Cameron Summers 14" I walked across the court to coach grabbing the Jersey shaking his hand. I looked at the crowd and everyone stood clapping, I smiled as I slight tear slid down my cheek. I put on the Jersey pulling it down walking towards the other boys immediately embraced by Liam and I couldn't hold it together, I tried but the tears just fell. I hid my face in his chest and Liam wrapped himself around me protectively as I sobbed into his chest trying my best to suppress it all but I couldn't. It was too much.

Liam's hand rubbing circles calmed my breathing and I let go of my tight grip on Liam and he slowly released me looking me in the eyes just as I hiccuped making him smile slightly, I could see he had tears in his eyes too and that there were some that had run down his cheeks.

"Are you okay K?"
"I will be, are you?" He nodded using his thumb to wipe away my tears as did I to him. I felt a hand slide into mine to see Jace by my side.

The first whistle blew letting us know it was almost time for the game to commence. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed Liam's cheek "win this for him Li"
"We will K, we will" he whispered kissing my forehead jogging over to his bench with the rest of the team. I looked at the crowd and noticed a lot of people looking at me "come on" Jace sent me a small smile pulling me to his side "let's watch them smash this" and that's exactly what they done, they smashed it.