Chapter 5

I looked at Liam dumbfounded "what are you talking about Li?"
Jace immediately got up from his place on the couch walking over to me pulling my shirt down to reveal my neck "what the fuck Katie?" He spat looking at me, seeing Jace like this kinda made me scared. I slapped his hand away trying to get up but he just pushed me back down "sit" Jesus Christ "Speak. Explain." Jace is never like this.
"Pushy pushy, what's in your pants" I mumbled.
"Not in the bloody mood Katie" shit.
"It's a hickey. Big deal, I've seen you guys all have one, even some of you give one" I spat and they jus narrowed their eyes.
"Who was it?" Eli asked.
"None of your business who I get with"
"Get with, bullshit, you slept with the boy" Jace growled. How'd he know "you wanna know how I know, simple, you haven't slept with anyone since Kyle and when you walked in it was like someone shoved a fucking pole in you" I looked at Jace with the most disgusted look I could possibly muster in my shocked state.
"Your fucked Jace"
"No you are Katie, since when are you someone to sleep with some random?"
"Since I wanted to. I've never had a problem with you guys slagging around so leave me the fuck alone" I pushed him back walking past the couch where Liam grabbed my wrist, I swung my hand back slapping his cheek "Leave. Me. Alone"

And with that I stormed to my bedroom sliding down the door so they couldn't get in, I didn't have a lock so this was my only way. Grabbing my phone I saw mum texted saying she wouldn't be home till 10. Great. Why are guys jerks, why do they even care, especially Jace. He's fucked so many girls meaninglessly, why can't I? And it's not like it's I do it often. I could hear yelling from the living room, they obviously weren't leaving. I stood up pounding on my door "LEAVE"
"NO" they all responded.
"FUCK" I screamed grabbing random stuff tossing it. I collapsed to the ground letting the tears freely flow, there's only one thing that cheers me up in this situation.

Opening my cupboard I grabbed my brushes and tool box full of paints heading out of my room. Walking straight past the boys they all looked at me but I just sent them a glare heading out to the shed. Plugging in my phone I blasted music whilst pulling out one of my preprepared canvas. My escape and one joy, art.
Pouring the colours onto the pallet laying out my brushes I painted strokes upon strokes onto the canvas letting the music drown me out. A new song begun to play and my body instantly froze.

'PUMP IT LOUDER, PUMP IT LOUDER' ripping the aux cord from my phone I sat there amongst the paints with my head resting in my lap. Why. Why does everything happen. What is gods plan Cameron. I sat staring at the mixed colours that begun to blur from the tears clouding my vision "WHY" throwing the pallet at the canvas ripping a slight whole in it "why".
Letting the tears freely flow I laid my head on the tarp beneath all my supplies. I closed my eyes but could still hear a pair of feet enter through the side garage door, it was Jace. How'd I know? Over the years I've come to detect the boys footsteps.

"Go away Jace" I croaked keeping my eyes closed. By the sound of his knees cracking I'm guessing he's kneeling or squatting beside me.
"I heard the song"
"It was an accident"
"Are you alright Katie?"
"Go away Jace"
"Not gonna happen love" I opened my eyes to see him squatting right in front of me squinting at me "I'm sorry for getting mad" I smiled weekly at him "that's alright" I replied weekly.
Slipping a hand behind my back and around my knees Jace picked me up bridal style pressing me into his chest. I didn't bother argue but just let him take me wherever he was planning to which happened to be the couch. He laid me down passing me a blanket I wrapped around myself laying my head on his lap closing my eyes as he played with me hair.
"Where Liam and Eli?"
"Picking up tea, they won't be long"
"Okay" I let out a little yawn pulling the blanket closer to my neck feeling very tired.

"We need to wake her, she hasn't eaten"
"She looks tired"
"More like broken"
"I'm hungry can we eat?"
I kept my eyes closed listening to the two boys bicker whilst I was still curled up next to Jace. Once I heard their voices distance Jace whispered in my ear "sorry you had to hear that, let's eat", he can always tell when I'm tired or asleep and it's really annoying. Rolling from the couch I trudged to the kitchen following Jace "what's for tea?"
"Well grumpy K, it's Chinese" hmm the boys did well, didn't appreciate Liam's sarcasm though. Elbowing him in the rib I leant in to grab some of the food they'd brought. I sat at the dining table and surprisingly they followed, not be free I heard Liam mumbling something about the game being on and earring smack from Jace.