Sugawara: Fate

I run down the street, not bothering to apologize as I brush past people. I'm already running super late, and I'll get in trouble if I miss the bus.

I cross the intersection, as things move in slow motion. A huge eighteen wheeler is headed straight for me, and there's no way I can get out of the way.

I brace myself for the impact, then... Nothing.

Something pulls me back, as I land on the sidewalk, my butt hitting the concrete. What just happened?

A silver haired boy crouches down next to me, a worried look on his face. I sit in stunned silence, just staring at the ground.

I finally look up to face him, and watch his lips move quickly. He's asking me something, but right now I can't focus on the words.

I slap my face with both of my hands, as the sting pulls me back to reality.

"Are you alright?" The boy asks me, his hand placed on my shoulder.

"Thank you so much." I exclaim, bowing to him.

"T-That's not necessary!" He shouts, his arms flailing in front of him.

I just laugh before standing up, "You have to let me repay you!"

"No no, you were in a rush, shouldn't you be-" he starts.

"I already missed the bus," I sigh looking down at my watch, "So I have nothing else to do."

"Um.. Okay then." He smiles, as we start walking towards one of my favorite places.

We finally get there and I grin, heading inside, "Wait here for a second." I smile, as I head behind the counter.

The smell of pastries and cakes fill the entire bakery, and the smell intensifies as I enter the kitchen.

Then I find her, hunched over a mixing bowl, her red hair left down, and wearing a black apron.

"Minorin!" I shout, giving her a hug, which results in me getting flour on my shirt. She brushes off the flour on her hands before giving me another hug.

"(L/N)-chan! I haven't seen you in forever!" She laughs, as she looks me up and down.

"I just stopped in to repay someone-"

"You came with someone? And you left them out there?" She gasps, pulling me back out to the bakery counter. She looks around before I point to the boy from before, and we both walk over.

"Sorry I-" I start before being interrupted.

"She sure is bad with guys, I can't believe she left you alone especially when you're so cute." She laughs, "Anyways, here's your usual order, we have a position open again if your interested, call me whenever."

With that, she skips away, after handing me a brown paper bag.

"I don't know if you're doing anything else, but there's one more place I can take you if you're not busy." I smile, looking up at the boy.

"I'm free today actually." He says, returning the smile, "Lead the way."

I grin, taking his hand and pulling him onto the street. I take a few shortcuts, weaving between buildings, before we finally get there. My favorite neighborhood park. Kids run around carrying dripping popsicles, as their moms call after them. The very sight makes me laugh.

I sit down on a park bench, as he takes the seat next to me. I warily hand him the bag, as I let out a deep sigh.

"Woah these taste amazing." He exclaims, between bites of cookies.

"I'm glad you like them." I laugh.

"So you used to work in that place?" He asks.

"Yeah, I quit a few months ago because the hours were getting harder to work, but I'll probably go back because I loved getting the free food." I laugh, watching as the boy cocks his head to the side.

"I couldn't imagine working and going to school, it sounds hard." He says, while studying my face, "It sure- Oh, I never got your name!"

"I guess I forgot about that... I'm (L/N) (F/N), and you are?" I ask, curious to finally hear his name.

"Sugawara Koushi." He smiles.

"Nice to meet you." I laugh awkwardly, "I should get going, thanks again for saving me and all."

"Um.. (L/N), do you think we could hang out sometime? I just think you're-" he stops himself when I start laughing from watching him blush.

"I'd love that."

A/N:Thinking of turning this into a three shot, tell me what you guys think!! 😊