seis!

step 3 was family therapy. oh boy! everyone's parents come in and we sit in a circle and talk about our roots, aka what we think caused us to become a homosexual.

the problem is, i still haven't figured out my root!

🎀

we're all sitting in a circle, and everyone looks pretty content while brendon shares his root. something about watching the boys football games at his school.

"yeah, whatever. i payed a lot of money for my boy to come here and get fixed, not sit around and listen to some sob story about why this boy is a fucking fag!" the old man sitting next to josh, who i expected to be his dad, blurted out.

sister miss mary gasps. "mr. dun! we do not accept foul language here at true directions, and that was very rude! apologize, now."

brendon interrupts, tears streaming down his face. "no, he's right. i am a fag. and i have to work harder to be normal!"

brendon's parents comfort him as he cries and i glance over at josh who is shaking his head a bit, chewing on his bottom lip.

🎀

after therapy, we have free time. i go sit next to josh who is smoking more of the weed. i plop down on the grass and he scoots over a bit.

"what am i, contagious?" i ask, rolling my eyes and earning a genuine chuckle from him!

"no, i'm not in the mood to hear more talk about your jesus shit."

"but that's not what i wanted to talk about! i wanted to ask why your parents are so mean."

"it's a long story, tyler. and i really don't want talk about it," he huffed, getting up and walking away.

i tried to call after him but he didn't do anything, so i gave up and went over to talk to melanie.

🎀

i'm trying to sleep and i hear buzzing. oh, brendon. always having inappropriate thoughts!

i get annoyed by all the buzzing and go sit in sister miss mary's office. then, i start thinking about josh.

he's very pretty, ya know! and i'd love to just kiss him, but more places than just on the lips...

tyler, no!

i mentally scream at myself, twisting around the purity ring on my finger.

you're a child of god, not some crazy fag!

i huff a bit, and i'm about to go back to the room to sleep when i hear a kind of high pitched, muffled moan.

i peer around the desk and see ashley on top of melanie! kissing!

"oooh, ew! ew ew ew ew!" i squeal and they both get up mumbling curse words and trying to get me up.

dallon walks in and asks in a stern tone, "what's going on in here?!"

"they were kissing!" i shout.

"no we weren't, he's full of shit!" ashley exclaims.

mr. dallon just shakes his head in disgust, dragging the girls out to most likely go see sister miss mary.

"get to bed, tyler."

🎀

in the morning, melanie is sent back home and ashley is sent to a little pink cabin which they call solitary.

i didn't mean to hurt anyone! it's just, two girls kissing is unnatural!

but i did kiss josh..

oh well! that's different.