Mags-azine

Hiya...umm...I hope you enjoy. Please comment to help me improve and like well... If you like it :)

Thankss :P Love Emma,emkitkat.

Blurb:This story is about a girl named Maggie (Mags). She's an everyday teenager until she discovers her hidden qualities. However, she goes on to study journalism but soon figures out that this isn't what she is destined for.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the light seeping in through the slight gap in my purple curtains. Dust particles dancing in the light; it was their time to shine. The rest of the room was in utter darkness. My room, the separations of a tunnel, one side in darkness and other in light (the end of the tunnel).

I rolled over, I was tired and weak. I squinted at my clock; it read 8:00am. I blinked and checked again; it read 8:00am! Shit. Chucking my dotted duvet to one side, I stumbled out of bed onto the cold wooden floorboards of my room. I quickly slipped on my pink bunny slippers and scuffled over to my wardrobes. I opened them and threw my clothes carelessly, aiming for my bed but landing in a heap on the floor. I stretched down awkwardly and picked them up; putting them on my bed. I dressed myself in some clothes and then waddled over to my mirror. I glanced at my reflection; I looked as though I’d been dragged threw a hedge backwards. My cropped, coffee hair was chaotic, my face somnolent and my skin appalling, my clothes crinkled; atrocious.

I scrambled through my drawers’ full of junk, hunting for my makeup. I found it inside a pink scruffy bag, at the very back of the 3rd drawer. I retrieved it and unzipped the bag. Clutching hold of my mascara, I painted it on my eyelashes 3 times and then dabbed on some foundation. I brushed through my hair and clipped a few pieces up. I looked slightly better-ish.

I wandered around in circles collecting my books and my IPod and shoving them into my bag which was dumped on my bed. I sluggishly strolled along the corridor and into the kitchen, where Mum was making a coffee. She heard me grumble so welcomed me to Earth, “Good morning Mags. I thought you’d never wake up!” She said vigilantly. I huffed, dragged out a chair and sat down. Mum laid a plate of toast on the table for me. I ripped the pieces in my teeth; it was crisp on the outside and indulgent in the middle, just how I like it. I then swallowed after monstrously munching.

I kissed Mum goodbye, reclaimed my bag from my room, swung it over my shoulder and left for school.

I stood in the concrete driveway waiting for the bus to arrive. Unfortunately, it was bucketing down with rain and I’d foolishly left my hoody indoors. So I just stood there, drowning in rainwater. My clothes saturated and I was trembling in the cold.

Eventually, the downpour stopped, but the sky was still an infuriated indigo and the bus still hadn’t turned up. I was drenched and inundated with water; shuddering.

I slouched down towards the floor, by a bush covered in blossom outside the bungalow, the concrete was damp and there were pools of water, but, I wasn’t bothered. I reached into my bag, clasping hold of my book:Nightmares of Hell-Georgia Dawn. I opened the cover and started on the first chapter, it was thrilling and intriguing.

Just as I was about to turn to the next page, Mum stepped out of the bungalow. She unlocked her slick, oil-black Mercedes with her personalized keys, then opened the door and slid inside. She started up the engine; producing that uproar that cars make, reversed out of the drive and accelerated, driving her into the distance, leaving me sat by the bush trembling in the cold; by myself with my now soggy book.

I sat there for a while, just thinking about life, as you do when you’re by yourself, and the universe, stuff like that. Things that confuse my brain and other stuff I occasionally (generally) don’t understand or know the solution to.