Chapter 51

Karylle was busy typing in her office with her laptop when she heard a knock on her door.

"Good afternoon madam."

Turning her head towards the door and seeing a familiar face made her smile.

"Hey! Come in. How are you?"

"I'm good. Just dropping by to say hi."

Karylle walk towards her visitor and give the person a hug.

"Long time, no see, Vhong." She said and guide him to sit.

"Well, I came here because I invited Anne for dinner."

"Really? That's nice. She might be in her office." Sitting back to her swivel chair.

"Yes, I already met here. But she had a call from a client and they're talking until now, so I decided to go here and greet you."

Karylle smiled for his friend's words. "Thanks."

"So.. How was Vice?" Shyly scratching his nape.

"Hmm? He's okay. Why?" Karylle was confuse. Asking herself why Vhong was asking that way. It feels like they haven't met for a long time..Which is an unusual thing.

"Oh! Nothing.. It's just that.. We don't see each other that often lately."

"Really? Did you have a fight?" Concern draw on her face.

"NO! No.. we are good. Maybe we were both busy with our work, with life. You know." He can't look straight in her friend's eyes. True that the last conversation he and Vice had was not a good one. Since then,Vice became distant and obviously avoiding them.

"I see. Well, you're right. Vice is getting busier lately. He sometimes spend his days on his job. I seldom see him." Releasing a sigh like all her stress will blow out with it. "But we both living under the one roof. Sleeping in one room. Can't you believe that?.... But it still feels like we are in a long distance relationship."

"Re.. Really?" Vhong felt sad for the woman infront of her. She's chuckling trying to hide the loneliness, but Vhong knows. The sadness is still evident. Seeing Karylle hurting like this, makes him feel disappointed to his bestfriend, thinking that Vice really changed after the last talk they had.

"Still, you should make time for each other. Unwind together. Travel together.. You know. So the fire will ignite more." He's trying to deliver a secret message. Hoping for their relationship to save. Trying to make it sound playfully and not suspicious. And Karylle smiled. She thought that his friend is right. Her and Vice both need a break together and taking a vacation is a great idea. Karylle thought of places they can go.. And decided to tell Vice about it.

-----

-----------

-------------------

-----------

----- 1 week later -----

Karylle's POV

I'm currently at my office, staring at this files blankly.. I can feel the veins in my head pulsating inside my head.. I can't concentrate to my work! My mind is not working!