Chapter 20

Vice and his friends are in the bar.. Vice decided to have a drink and he called the boys to accompany him..

Vhong: What is with this kuys?! (Pointing the empty bottles of beer)

Vice looked at them with tardy face.. Vhong and Billy just arrived and they saw Vice leaning his head on the table while wiggling his bottle.. They immediately beseated beside him..

Billy: Are you okay??.. (Patting his hand on Vice's shoulder)

Vice: I'm...... I'm so not fine!!.. I feel like a deadman kuys! I'm definitely dead!

They thought that Vice is already drunk.. He's been drinking for hours before they came..

Billy: Hey! You're drunk.. We'll bring you home, come on..

Billy tried to lift Vice on his arm, but Vice refused and withdrew his arms from his friend and sat on the chair once again..

Vice: No!! Let's stay!! I haven't finish a case of beer yet!!..

Vhong: Vice! You need to rest.. You are too wasted.. Let's go..

Vhong grabbed Vice's arm but again he withdrew it and gulped on his bottle.. Billy and Vhong shrugged their shoulder and reseated on their chair instead..

Vhong: Fine! Then will you mind telling us the problem kuys??

Vice: Hahhahhah!! Do I look like I have problem.? (Laugh fakely)

Billy and Vhong stared at each other for a moment before they face Vice once more..

Billy: Kuys.. It's been years since the last time you asked for a drink.. It was us who always insisted for a bar and we still need to force you just to pull you in... Now, it is so unusual hearing an invitation from you to drink and seeing you drunk like that....... Now tell us that you don't have a problem.. (Pointing some sarcasm)

Silence suited on Vice and serious look drew on his face.. His friends started to get worried on him..

Vice: I saw her kuys.. Finally I saw her again!! We've met again!!

Vhong: Her?!.. Wait! What you mean about her is.... Karylle?? (Leaning forward)

Vice gave a nod to answer his friend's question.. He can feel the urge on his eyes to propel tears..

Billy: Really?! Then, what happened??

Vice: It went b---- (He was cut off from mid-sentence)

Vhong: Did she slap your face?!

Billy: Did she throw curses on you?

Vhong: Or maybe she pretended that you don't exist!

Vice felt sad on his friend's ideas..

Vice: How I wish she did those things.. Kuys, bakit ganoon?? She actually smiled at me and talked to me like nothing happened.. (Talking with disbelief)

Billy: Hey! Don't you think that's a good thing?? At least she is not mad at you.. (Confused)

Vice: Kuys! It's not normal!! Sinaktan ko siya! Iniwan ko siya sa ere!! She should be cursing me, right?!

Vhong: Kuys, it's been 3 years.. And I think that's enough for her to move on..

The word "move on" is like a bullet stroking deeply in his heart.. It's like a cue for his tears to fall from his eyes..

Vice: You know what... "Move on" is the worst word that ever created and used in a relationship..

Billy: Vice...