이십이 22

Chanyeol's POV

Wow...

Just..

Wow..

Was it a destiny or not, I just met my parents-in-law.

Well, in not-so-good way.

My old woman patient, who was going to have a dangerous surgery, turned out to be my girlfriend's biological mother.

Now, I just reunited the family. Her father and younger brother, including Heejung, were now sitting in front of me.

Her father seemed to look away, avoiding to look at his daughter although they were separated by her brother.

"So, my mom needs to replace her artificial heart into new one?" Heejung asked. She kind of awkward with the italic words.

"Uhm, yes. The artificial heart Mrs. Kang used right now, that we feared, is infected" I explained slowly.

As expected, they all gasped. Including Heejung, with teary eyes she held, she tried to continue to ask.

"Then wh--"

"It's out Chanyeol!!" Chanyeol suddenly bursted in. I stood up in reflex in thought of it was the result.

"What-what is it?" Mr. Kang stood up, followed by his children.

"The result of Mrs. Kang artificial heart, is it infected or not" I replied, taking the paper that Baekhyun gave.

I took a deep breath, looking at Baekhyun, he nodded as he had ready. I took a glance at Kang's family before turning the front page.

My eyes trailed until the end of the page, where the conclusion was. I closed the paper and looked at them.

"How is it?" Mr. Kang asked.

...

Heejung's POV

"Noona, how have you been for the past 11 years? I miss you so bad" Minki, my grown up brother, whined as he gave me a piece of apple.

I smiled and messed his hair with my another hand as I had taken the apple. We had gone back to mom's room after meeting Chanyeol. Dad was out to take care of the administration.

"I miss you too. I am sorry to not visit you, and not knowing mom has an artificial heart.." I said, looking at an old woman, resting on the hospital bed.

"It's my fault. To have you being kicked out from the house" Minki looked down.

"Yah! It was my choice to move out. Just thinking of it as I went study aboard!" I tried to encourage him.

"But still.."

"Are you done now? Get out or Minki's mom condition will get worse" dad said, entering with a piece of paper.

"Appa, I am not a kid anymore and eomma's condition won't get worse! It has nothing to do with me!" I said, tried not to raise my voice and had tears falling down instead.

"Argh, I'm worried if that doctor can perform the surgery safely" dad ignored me.

"Chanyeol can do it. He is the greatest doctor in this hospital" I stated.

Dad snarled as he threw the paper, which was not only one but few, to me.

"WHO WILL PAY IT! I TOLD YOU! WE PAY MUCH FOR THE ARTIFICIAL HEART SHE HAD NOW AND IT IS INFECTED? HA!" dad went furious and let out everything to me.

"Appa! I can stop joining the football club. Just use the money for mom's surgery" Minki said. He tried to protect me again, but it unworthy.

"No Minki, it is your dream to be a football player right? Don't stop or your talent will fade away!" dad said, tapping Minki's shoulder while glancing at me.

"Do you, arrange something with him?" he spoke, to me.

"Who?" I asked.

"That doctor. You knew it, didn't you? That eomma is here and tell him to say that it is infected so you can take the money from us for revenge?!"

"No. I swear I don't know about eomma condition and—"

A hard slap landed on my cheeks. It was hard and still the same from 11 years ago, also my tittle — the jinxed child.

"Appa!!" Minki hollered as dad tried to kick me.

"Aigoo! What do we need to do to get rid of you?" the words spilled out from my dad mouth.

It stabbed right in my heart. I glanced at mom, who was in coma, wondering if the pain was like this.

I held my tears, although it had falling on my cheeks, and got up.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being your daughter. Just blame anything, for mom's condition right now and your financial condition. I deserve it" I said my last sentence before going out from the room.

"Noona!" I ignored Minki's call and ran out, far from them, until my feet reached its limit.

I sat on the bench outside the hospital, and cried. I didn't care if someone was watching or not.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed my shoulder, handing a handkerchief for me. I looked up and saw my aunt.

"Imo!!" I called and hugged her.

I missed her hug in this time. She would hear to my concern and give an advice, a way out. But I doubt if she could suggest a way out for this one.

After minutes from crying, I finally calmed down and for my surprise, she knew everything.

"Jiyoung told me. That's why I search you and fortunately, I saw you running" my aunt said while wiping my tears.

"What should I do? They don't change. No, they won't" I shook my head while saying those words.

"It is hard for me too. Your mom is in crisis and need to be operate too. It will be a dangerous one but I trust Chanyeol. He's the best among us, doctors" she held my hands tightly.

I nodded," I know. I've heard about it from Baekhyun. I trust him too. But dad doesn't."

"I will make him trust Chanyeol as long as you still here. Running away just prove you as a coward, proving that you ware really, sorry, jinxed. You should prove that you are not jinxed. Stay beside them until you mom wake up with her new heart. Make them think 'Ah, you are not jinxed, you bring us luck!' "

I nodded and smiled, responding to her advice.

"Don't go, okay?" She ensured.

I just nodded with my glued lips.

I'm sorry but I am a coward. I will forever be their jinxed child. I couldn't prove that I bring luck to them.

I will get rid myself from them.

-sleeping gae-