Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I stood, shocked at what Tyler had just said. Looking back, I should have known what was going on, that he had feelings for me. Those feelings had always been there, I just never picked up on it. I'd never noticed the little things he did. I could think of a billion times when he looked nervous around me and when he stared at me.

But, me being ignorant, I had totally ignored it.

"Oh, um, I um.." I said, trying to find words, but I couldn't get them.

The uneasy smile that had been on Tyler's face dropped and his expression now, was just uneasy. No smile.

"Oh," he stated. "I see." Then he started walking away, back to the booth where he was supposed to be.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "No, Tyler, I'm sorry," I said, finally finding use for the English language. "It's just that-"

"It's okay if you don't like me, I should have known." He cut me off and pulled his arm from my grasp.

"Tyler, it's not that, it's just that," I leaned in a little closer to him, not wanting anyone to hear, and said in a whisper, "I'm kind of seeing someone.."

"Who?" he asked.

"It's a secret."i said and grimaced, it sounded like I was lying to him. Big time.

And by the look on his face, i was right. "You don't have to lie to me, Sam. It just makes this harder." Then he walked of and didn't look back. I didn't try to catch him.

I desperately needed to talk to someone about this. I couldn't talk to Kendra, because she wasn't allowed and I couldn't talk to Brandon or Seth because they were guys, and Seth also wasn't allowed. Also, Jessica wouldn't take me that seriously.

The only person I had left was Veronica.

Sigh.

I needed to vent all this out to someone, so I decided that I had to call Veronica, even if it was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Hello?" she said, picking up on the first ring.

"Hi," I said ans sighed.

"Hey Sam!" She exclaimed. "Why aren't you talking to me anymore? Do you think I'm too good for you or something?"

'"No it's just that-"

"Because I probably am, but I don't care about any of that stuff. You can talk to me anytime." She stated, completely cutting me off.

Why was I friends with this girl?

"Veronica, would you just listen?" I said, now aggravated.

She paused, then said. "Yeah, sure. Whats wrong?"

This time, it was my turn to pause. Should I tell her about Seth and I? Veronica was a big gossiper, so she might tell everyone. But what if i told her not to. Would that make a difference?

"Well, do you remember Tyler?" I asked.

"No."

Okay. "well, there's this guy Tyler, and he likes me and he asked me out today  but-"

"Someone asked you out?"

"Yes," I said with another sigh. I don't like the way she said that.

"Well you better have said yes because let's be honest with ourselves here. When is someone ever going to ask you out?" She asked me.

She has no idea.

"You know what?" I said. "Nevermind." Then I hung up the phone. I fell onto my bed and looked up at the ceiling and just thought.

My life really sucks right now. I know that somewhere in the world people are starving, or have no homes, and no families and that to them, my life is awesome. But when you do have someone to be with but you can't even talk with them, is it really all that great.

And Tyler. I really should have known that he was attracted to me. I feel stupid for not figuring it out earlier. I guess I was too high on Seth to actually analyze other situations like this one. If only I knew a way to get him to stop liking me. But I can't just pretend to be horrible because that's the oldest trick in the book. It would be way too obvious.

"Uggh," I groaned out loud and rolled over.

I wanted to fix my problems. I didn't want to just sit here and wait for them to pass. I could just wait until the talent show is over but that would mean that she won. Whoever "she" was.

I quickly sat up.

Most of my problems would be solved if I just figured out who "she" was. She was the one who wasn't letting me have any friends and was sabotaging me in the talent show.

I just had to figure out who this girl was.

Then, it came to me. Gwen hates me. Gwen's in the talent show. She wants Seth. And She's evil. I can't believe I'm just now realizing this. It's Gwen! She's the one who's threatening Kendra and Seth.

My horrible life was taking a turn for the better.

**************************

Hey guys! I know that you all should be mad at me since it took forever for me to write this, but i was having major writers block.

But I'm back now! And isn't that enough???

The next chapter is gonna reveal some stuff..... things are about to get even more spicy!

Can you believe it though. I'm almost done with this story.. there's probably like 5 chapters left(give or take a few)

That's friggin amazing!

Anyways... comment! vote! Fanimos!