Chapter 8 /:/ Relax

Y/N's POV

I started up at the pale blue ceiling and watched as the old paint began to chip off. I tried to calm my nerves. Every time I looked at my hands they were shaking uncontrollably... I took deep breaths and yawned. Only then did I realize how exhausted I really was. I feel like I should be dead right now.. How am I still here after the beating I endured? Oh, Glenn.. He saved me again didn't he? My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening and closing. I took a deep breath and saw that it was Carol. "Hey sweetie. Here is some water." She said as she helped me sit up and handed me the plastic cup filled 3/4 of the way with water. "Thank you very much." I said as I sipped the water. It was cool and refreshing. The temperature difference between my body and the water gave me the sensation of feeling the cold water spread through my chest. I shivered as I set the cup down and looked at Carol. "Glenn told me that Maggie did this to you... is that true?" She finally asked me after a long moment of silence.

I nodded and a tear rolled down my face. It rolled over one of my cuts on my cheek and it stung. It was almost as bad as the peroxide parents put on the kids cuts to clean them. I never did enjoy peroxide... I would always make a big fit over it. She wiped my tear away with her thumb and smoothed my hair. "Are you still going to be able to go on the run with Glenn tomorrow?" Carol asked me quietly. I thought for a second and nodded. "I won't give Maggie the satisfaction of making me unable to do things for this group. I am still going to go with Glenn." I said calmly. Carol smiled and nodded. I stood up and steadied myself. "I'm going to go home. I will see you tomorrow.." I said as I made my way towards the door. I stumbled and caught myself on the door handle. The handle turned and I fell to the ground. I fell to my knees and heard quick footsteps approaching me. The owner of the footsteps knelt down next to me and began to help me up. Their large, warm hands wrapped around my forearms and gently lifted me.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Glenn asked me as his hands rubbed my arms. I blushed lightly and looked up at him. "Y-yeah I'm fine." I said as I looked up at him. I took a deep breath and slowly moved away from him. I turned around and made my way to the front door. I began walking but felt a pull on my arm. I turned back to Glenn as saw that his hand was holding onto mine. I blushed brighter and saw that Glenn's cheeks had a slight reddish tint to them as well. I carefully took my hand away from his and began walking again. I quickened my pace as I made my way outside. I stepped out into the cool air and began to hear the quiet pitter patter of rain on the ground. The blacktop glistened as the porch light of the house turned on. I admired this night for what seemed like hours. I just wanted to take a picture and save this beautiful sight forever. I began singing quietly as I began my slow walk to my home.

When life leaves you high and dry, I'll be at your door tonight if you need help, if you need help. I'll shut down the city lights, I'll lie, cheat, I'll beg and bribe to make you well, to make you well.

I stopped as I realized people were probably trying to rest so I resumed quieter than before.

When enemies are at your door, I'll carry you away from war if you need help, your hope dangling by a string, I'll share in your suffering to make you well, to make you well. Give me reasons to believe that you would do the same for me. . . And I would do it for you, for you. Baby I'm not moving on I'll love you love after your gone.

I paused in the middle of the street and thought. Why was this the first song that popped into my head? Is it because of... No it can't be. I don't like home like that.... I can't like him like that.. But if I did? I shook these thoughts out of my head and began to sing again.

For you.. for you. You will never sleep alone; I'll love you long after you go, and long after you're gone gone gone. When you fall like a statue, I'm gon' be there to catch you, put you on your feet, you on your feet.. And if you're well is empty, not a thing will prevent me, tell what you need, what do you need? I surrender honestly.. you've always done the same for me.

So I would do it for you, for you.. Baby I'm not moving on I'll love you love after your gone. For you.. for you. You will never sleep alone; I'll love you long after you go, and long after you're gone gone gone. You're my back bone, you're my corner stone, you're my crutch when my legs stop moving. You're my head start, you're my rugged heart, you're the pulse that I've always needed.

I finally arrived at my door and turned around to continue looking at the sight in front of me. The moon reflected off of the soaked ground and reminded me of how light reflects off of oceans, ponds, and....... Glenn's eyes. And how his smile could light up a room... I tried to shake the thoughts out of my head and finished the song.

Like a drum, baby, don't stop beating. Like a drum, baby, don't stop beating. Like a drum, baby, don't stop beating. Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you, for you.. baby, I'm not moving on; I'll love you long after you're gone. For you, for you, you will never sleep alone; I'll love you long after you go.

Like a drum, baby, don't stop beating. Like a drum, baby, don't stop beating. Like a drum, baby, don't stop beating. Like a drum, my heart never a stops beating for you. And long after you're gone, gone, gone. I love you long after you're gone, gone, gone,

I walked inside and stayed downstairs instead of going back up to my room. I grabbed a spare blanket and curled up on the couch. My home smelled of lavender and I immediately relaxed. My mind began to wander. I thought of what might happen on the run tomorrow. Well anything could happen it's the apocalypse. I thought of Glenn and how he held my hand. His large hands engulfed my small ones. I felt my face grow warm at the thought of him and I tried to stop thinking about him and how utterly perfect he was. I probably sound like some crazed fan girl but I tried so many times to think of why I liked him so much.

I managed to come up with the fact that he saved my lives on numerous occasions and that he has an awesome personality. Plus his looks aren't that bad either. I giggled and shook the thoughts out of my head again. I finally took some deep breaths and eventually fell asleep.