hawaiian sunsets

"This is actually so amazing." You stare directly into the vivaciously bright sunset over the crystal water. Your family was in Hawaii on a family vacation, but you didn't come alone.

You can feel Tyler's grip tighten slightly, proving his security. You feel your lips curl at the mere idea of his presence.

Your family was more than willing to bring Tyler along, they've always loved him.

You keep your focus on the brilliant sunset, but you can feel Tyler's stare into the side of your head. You know that he lost interest in the sunset ages ago.

"I love the way you admire such simple things." He speaks softly and his words are carried by the cool, salty air.

"Simple?" You turn to look at him. His eyes are large and admirable. The bright pinks and oranges are muted in the reflection off of his eyes. "This is gorgeous, you would never see this at home." You retort with a small hint of sass.

"I still think you're more beautiful than the sky." He responds softly.

You playfully roll your eyes and turn back to the sky which is quickly becoming more and more dull as the night rolls in.

"I love looking at you look at the sunset." He speaks softly into your ear and his warm breath fans your neck. You can't fight the smile from taking over your face.

"Well I love you" you smile playfully and and face him.

You slide your arms around him so that your faces are inches apart. You stare at his eyes lovingly. You slowly close the space between you and Tyler for a small, yet sweet kiss.

Suddenly, you hear your name being called and your perk up.

"Aunt (y/n)!" You hear again. You pull yourself off of Tyler awkwardly as your six year old nephew bounds towards you.

"Hey!" You say, kneeling down to his height.

"Mommy said I could ask you if you wanted to take us mini golfing because she doesn't want to." He speaks with a slight lisp that melts your heart.

How could you say no to a face like that?

"Hm.. I don't know" you jokingly tease your small nephew. He gives you a playfully pouty lip before turning to Tyler. You follow your nephews gaze to see a warm smile growing on Tyler's face, his dimples are starting to come through.

"Uncle Tyler! Can you take us?" He pleads.

His words take you back slightly.

Uncle?

You glance back to Tyler to see him taken back as well, but his expression is more amused than anything.

"I'd love to, (your nephew's name)" Tyler grins and your smile grows wider.

"Yess!" Your nephew exclaims, already running back to share the good news to the rest of the kids.

You stand back up and wipe the sand off of your knees. You turn to Tyler who's still smiling and watching (your nephew's name) to make sure he returns safely.

Once you're standing up again, Tyler turns his direction to you. You grin at him, "how does it feel to be 'uncle Tyler?'" You joke.

He takes your hand and entwines his fingers with yours. "I know it's not official, but one day it will be" he smiles.

"I'm glad to see that they love you as much as I do" you beam.

Tyler kisses your forehead through his smile and starts to walk, pulling you with him. "Now come one, we've got some kids to play mini golf with."

~

I'm actually laughing because this was originally a sappy proposal, but I feel like I'm too cliché 90% of the time so I switched it up.

Just think, if your nephew didn't interrupt, y'all could have been getting married already. rip.