The big day

I'm so so so sorry for not updating in like two weeks. I'm back now though so hey-ho.
----------

Shayne woke up at 9:48 am on the 26th of November. Courtney was going in for her operation at 3 pm, so Shayne had plenty of time.

He was lying in bed for a little while, listening to an audio book on audible, the book was called spirits.

After a little while of lying around listening to books, he decided to get up and ready.

He arrived at the hospital at 1:37, to see a familiar face packing things into his car.

He received hugs and gifts from teary eyed people and curious stares from people who passed by.

His squad and a few doctors and nurses (including the one with grey hair) were saying goodbye to the man.

As Shayne got closer, he realised it was his friend,

Alan.

As Shayne got close enough that Alan noticed him, he pushed through the cluster of people to hug his friend.

"Where you going man?" Shayne said, pulling away from the hug.

"I'm quitting. I'm going to be a copper!" The bald man said.

"Holy shit! Really?" Shayne said, shocked.

"You bet ya." Alan said smiling. "I've been in training for a few weeks now, in my spare time."

"That's great man." Shayne said "Hey listen, good luck and be careful out there."

"Thanks bro." Alan said, shaking Shayne's hand and getting in his car.

He waved goodbye as he drove down the road, not to be seen again for a long time.

--------

The crowd quickly disappeared as the nurses and the squad quietly filed into the hospital.

They walked up to Courtney's room to see her laid in bed.

Shayne sighed as he looked at her, she really was amazing. And he really was in love.

It was a shame that in a few hours, she wouldn't remember what happened in the ambulance.

She wouldn't remember Shayne's concern for her.

She wouldn't remember the kiss.

And she wouldn't remember the love she felt.

It would be exactly the same as old times.

No love, just friendship.

Shayne hated the fact that he couldn't be with his one true love but he loved the fact that she would be okay.

He felt a hand firmly grasp his right shoulder. He looked to his right but nobody was there. He looked to his left to see Noah standing there, with his arm around Shayne.

"It's gunna be hard, but we can get through this."

"Thanks man. I hope it goes well." Shayne said in response.

"It will, don't worry."

The two boys hugged.

When their hug ended, hey sat down and waited for Courtney's operation.

"You know, I'll never forget the first time I met her." Shayne said.

"When did you guys meet? Was it before Smosh?" Noah asked

"Yeah we met before Smosh. It was when I was depressed and didn't feel like I was enough. It was at my brother's birthday party, his girlfriend, at the time, brought a plus one. Courty."