Chapter 3

MADDIE POV

We turn another corner. we were still talking about what might have happened.

"Hey Matt you see the smoke too? right?" I ask him just to make sure that I wasn't seeing things.

"Ya I do, it might just be Mrs. Martin." he says to me. Most likely because she always has a fire in her fire place.

We see more smoke. I run ahead of Matthew and then see caution signs are around my street.

I look at Matthew and he looks at me.

I try to get under the tape but a police officer stops me.

I see paramedics putting people in ambulances and driving away.

I look for my mom but there's just to much going on and to many people there to see.

"Matt? what if our parents aren't ok?!" I say.

I hold back my tears and hug Matthew.

"It's ok. Maddie, they will be ok." Matthew reassures me. I see News crews straying to arrive and other neighbors coming.

Paramedics kept coming and going.

Wow I hope my mom is ok.

I kept praying.

MATTHEW ESPINOSA POV

I could find my mom or dad or brother. what if they don't make it out alive?!

I'm freaking out.

What if Maddie's mom doesn't come out alive?

The fire was huge! what started it? how did it happen?

Our whole neighbor hood was in flames.

Maddie loom so worried.

She looked so scared when they had so many paramedics.

I hope everyone is ok.

I was sick to my stomach. I just wanted to know where my family was.

"Hey let's listen to the News crew people." I suggest so we can also know what's going on.

Maddie nods her head but I could tell she was freaking out.

We move closer so we could hear what they were saying. There was fire fighter coming every so often to update them on what was going on.

"Here we are at the fire that has burned down the whole neighbor. they are still unsure of what happened and how it started but it will leave many in tears.

More than 30 people are injured and 3 have died that they know of. we will keep you updated. back to you Martha." the news crew lady said and then turned to look in awe of what the fire had done.

Maddie jumped when they said 3 have died. I did too.

What if it was her mom?! or my parents?!