Good Vibes & Baby Talk

(A/N: NORKOR as Nyanza. Lemme tell y'all whoes some', Y'all betta recognize a QUEEN when ya see one. Oh yus, whoe! I like cornbread & collard greens, bish! *in a New Orleans accent*)

[Desmond]

The whole getting-to-know-me talk I had with Orri's mama was rather nice. She threw some interesting slick shady shade, but I caught it and threw it back with humbleness. The bitch was truly a trip and I enjoyed every her company. When she'd ask about me she'd make it as something positive and opposite to what Orri is like. She was adding our opposites together until we were connected in every way possible, that showing how close we really are.

And on that word— 'close'— Orri made sure to stay stuck beside me like glue. I could feel his blood rushing through the grip of his hands, as if he was waiting for her to say one wrong thing or something. Still, the mood was chill and there were lots of laughs as we ate.

Apparently, the ma'am likes earthly foods. I could feel the delighted pleasure emitting from her as she hummed with every bite. When she was done and her plate was washed Orri told me that he was needed back home. Before leaving, however, he snuck up behind me and held me close, promising to meet me at our usual spot tonight just before pecking my cheek and vanishing. You'd think I'd be surprised or having a heart attack from all this, but I'm really all the more curious like a baby is of the world.

When I was back in my bed and relaxed I felt a big ass weight plop on me, and my face being licked.

"Girl, stop! I didn't even go anywhere and you all on me like I've just been revived!" I laughed at O as she continued coating my face with smooches. I was so happy to have a friend like her, and a furry one at that. Smart girl, but a sneaky bitch at the same damn time, too. I tell her not to sneak herself some food I'd just made, come back from doing something a minute later and even a small piece is missing while her breath easily gives it away. Either way, that's my girl.

"Your other best friend is coming over today. She wants my help picking out baby names for her and Khan's baby girl. They're not agreeing with each other or anybody else, so they're coming all the way down here just to get my input. Ain't that a bitch?!" I chuckled as she licked my chin.

I mean, seriously, how hard could it be to pick out a name? I know some parents want their kids to have unique names and others want something simple. But damn, just come up with a combo of the two, but one that doesn't stand out for sure that'll even have that child questioning his or her identity. I'm glad we're out of the era of vehicle names and some places.

Hell, Egypt doesn't act like she's from one of the reigning families of Egypt. Djibouti just ends up acting like an ass because he doesn't even like that name, and probably gets called an African booty scratches by the other kids. Joaquin likes to joke around too much and ends up getting the hell popped out of him. Asia ends up being the little ChiChi nicknamed girl who gets on everybody's nerve and knows it. The list goes on.

But I am a bit happy that they want my choice of a name. Of course I'd let them choose the last name, but I'm most definitely giving her a the first and middle. Hell, maybe even two simply because that's how most of us southerners do. Three first names; The first being the first as usual, and the other two being the middle names. Then the last name comes last.

Duh! Ya betta ask somebody, dammit.

Feeling the brail above my clock felt like 3 ones and a two. Since I have a good two hours before they get here I'll take this time for a little nap. I decided that now's a good time for a nap until they get here at 2.

And with that note my eyelids loomed slowly shut and I stayed rubbing O's head until I fell asleep.

And sure enough when my sight came to I could see I was along the woods alongside Nivarze. I skimmed beyond the trees with my enhanced supervision and found the infamous Ken'Alur river with its glossing shine. I began strutting to some Erykah Badu .

"Time to save the world, but where in the world is all the time?
So many things I still don't know, so many times I've changed my mind.
Yes I was born to make mistakes, but I ain't scared to take the weight.
So if I stumble off the path, I know my heart will guide me there. "

Got a little pep in my step. I wonder where my heart will guide me to now?

~A/N~

Hope y'all liked this chapter. The next update or 2 will be another explanation detailing Desmond's origins of Talari-Mo. Talari for short, b/c that name is gonna be special soon.

My brothas and sistas, be proud of your melanin skin and your ancestors, b/c I'm about to bring forth more than the dashikis from certain parts of Africa. What y'all know about the infamous Orisha goddesses Oshun? I'll even add in an Oshun chant that I fell in love with overnight. Latins and other South American descendants, y'all also gonna be featured.

This is just my way of really showing some cultural diversity that Hollywood and other big movie productions & places tend to mess up on when they cast a white person as another race instead of an American born or bilingual actor of that race. So, y'all be prepared to love and appreciate yourselves more than ever.

And remember
#BlackWritersMatter
#NoDAPL
#HeIsNotMyPresident
& a new one, #BlasianLove ♥💛