Passing Time

[Orri]

After a long morning of sparring with some of the guards I decided to just cruise around until I felt a certain tingle in my eye. I made it for Desmond not only to wear, but to also bring him here and alert me of his location. Since it's almost midnight and the Ken'Alur River was glowing it's beautiful jade color, I lowered myself to enter the cave upstream.

Transforming the minute my feet touched the moist pebbles I saw a too familiar figure pacing around a tree. He seemed very content everytime I saw him there. All of the other scenery of Nivarze and its surrounding forests shine vibrantly, yet he chooses this cave just before the Ken'Alur River. However, I don't blame him, seeing that there's nobody else here but us. The main reason for the smile on my face now.

As I took my time getting up there I noticed him not walking anymore, but I could still hear his whistling. He must've heard me flying in then. I pulled myself from the edge and witnessed an awe inspiring image of naturality. His muscles shaped nicely beneath his golden brown skin. His deep almond curls framing his face so nicely. His golden eyes bright as the morning star itself. But most of all, it was the aura glistening around his partially nude skin.

A figure of brown sugared skin kissed by liquid gold— He truly shines like fine jewelry crafted by Goddess, herself. For that it warms my heart to just simply be in his presence. I'll be in complete nirvana when he becomes mine. For now I can only be patient. Persistent when it comes to his folks back at home, but patient nonetheless.

"Are you gonna join me or are you just gonna start at me like I'm some sorta masterpiece?!" his soft laughter melting away the trance state I was in and snapped me to his golden orbs.

I was lost for words for a while until he cleared his throat to get my attention again.

"S-sorry! I was just really out of it after..... seeing you like....... like this. It's just that you truly are beautiful, Desmond."

His eyes widened before he quickly averted them back to the water. He smiled softly before looking up at the tree and returning his calm facade.

"Well, the offer to join still stands. After receiving your gift I've been feeling not so much as myself sometimes, and the only thing that I feel that'll ease the mind is a good swim. I can't move around much in my tub, so I take in the moment of this river as much as I can before O wakes me up."

He had a point there.

"Ah, true. Well...... Last one out of the cave has to give the winner a piggyback ride?"

"How about we just take a stroll? After all this swimming I'll just wanna take a walk and air dry anyway."

"Okay then." I snapped my fingers to instantly dispose of my hunting attire and leaving me to my under garments, giving Desmond quite the surprise of his life. I smirk at his once again averted gaze and ready myself, but was caught off guard when I saw him dive backwards.

You sly sacred, you! I'll get you for that. I laugh at the thought as dove right after him. When I was underwater I swore that I've never seen such beautiful sight in my life. As Desmond swam so did the fish and other creatures as they wineded around him. So many rich colors of the river, yet his natural tone shined brighter than any of them.

They danced around him while he pushed forward, sometimes twirling with them and sometimes stopping to catch his breath. As we came out of the cave and passed actual tree I told him to wait at he stopped for some air again, so I did the same.

"Now about that stroll. Man that was a good refresher!" he chimed as he crawled on land. I followed and immediately dried myself off with my wind magic. After I was completely dried and clothed I saw Desmond rubbing his hair to get the water out.

"Here, let me help." took his hands and waved mine in circular motion towards him. He closed his eyes in pure bliss as he gust after gust push every droplet and streak off his body.

I could definitely get use to this.

I smiled as he turned and stretched, seeming as if he danced with the wind. By the time he was dried off  he hugged himself as he then shivered a little.

"Oh, your clothes. Right, hold on." I  stretched my hand back to the cave and motion for them to come to us. However, when they arrived they weren't the same he originally wore, but instead the finest of robes as if they're made from my city. The blues, black, and white suited him. The only thing added was the golden colored crest of Nivarze, a favorite of mine.

"Oh wow! This is nice. Definitely better than what I came here in. Thanks." his eyes showed the appreciation, I smiled as a form of welcoming him.

"So..... What have you been up to lately, Desmond?"

"Nothing much, except recently going to that big sale event out of town with my folks. And I still wonder why mama didn't want me to get that necklace that old man was giving me. Oh well."

My right brow twitched in annoyance, but more so in anger.

"Maybe because she knows something about it or my father. Maybe both. You never know. In your case, you might not know if given the fact that she declined so fast."

"Whatchu mean?"

"Of course. Your mother didn't tell you about my father, did she?"

"No."

"Well...... He...... We, the people of Nivarze, are kin to the dragonborne. They're our ancestors of protection. They help fend off any evils lurking in all of Arvedo and we carry out that tradition to this very day."

"Mmmm-hmm. Go on." he seemed confused, but still a bit eager to learn the truth.

"If you insist."

And from that point on up until sunrise I told him everything about me, my people, our traditions, lifestyle, and status in Arvedo. The only thing I'll have to tell him some other time, is the truth behind what really is and why his parents never told him.

~A/N~

The next chapter won't be an update, but an explanation talking about Nivarze. And for all you late 80s and 90s babies that went through the struggle of catching the good anime on adult swim on school, before they made Saturday the only anime night, I'ma download y'all a big favor. Y'all don't even have to thank me for it. Just know that some those soundtracks will be featured in this story.

Love y'all. ✌