Chapter 18

“Well… She indeed broke her ankle.” The doctor conformed “She has a cast on and will have it for 6 weeks”

“When can she go home?” Lena asked. By this time it was 6:30 pm and everyone was hungry.

“Now if you would like.” The doctor replied.

“OK”

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

*at home*

“jesus carry Marianna to her room, Brandon and Callie help with dinner. Jude… where’s Jude?” Lena asked

“Crap! I was supposed to pick him up from Conner’s an hour ago on the way home from work but got caught up at the hospital.” Stef said and rushed around to find her keys.

“Mom. Mom I will go pick him up.” Brandon said

“I will go with you.” Callie said

“Ok, Thanks B.” Stef said

Brandon and Callie went out to the car and got in. the first few minutes were silent. Finally Brandon spoke.

“Callie are you ok? You have been really quiet.”  Brandon asked

“Yes, I guess.” Callie responded “We are here.”

Callie and Brandon hoped out of the car and went to the front door and knocked, Conner answered.

“Ummm… Hi Ummmmm….” Conner said

“Where’s Jude?” Callie asked

“He left like an hour ago to go home. He said that he could just walk it isn’t that far. Where is he?” Conner said confused

“He isn’t home.” Brandon said more toward Callie than Conner

“Where is he?” Callie said on the brink of tears

“Thanks Conner! Call us if he shows up here or if you see him.” Brandon said leading a now crying Callie to the car.

“Callie we will find him.” Brandon said hugging Callie

 He put her in the car and ran around to the driver’s side and pulls out his phone.

“Mom is Jude home?” Brandon asked then listened “he wasn’t at Conner’s house…… OK I will.” Then hung up. “She said to drive home slowly and look for him.”

Just then Callie’s phone rang. It was a Blocked number. Callie looked at Brandon then answered.

“Hello?”

“Callie nice to hear from you again. Jude is a cutie isn’t he?” A voice said. Callie could recognize the voice anywhere. Liam…

“What do you want?” Callie said trying not to cry

“You and Brandon not to be together. You love me and I love you.”

“Let Jude go and I will.”

Will what?” Brandon whispered

“Let Jude free and take me instead.” Callie said sternly.

TBC