uno!

i wake up and continue to take part in my everyday morning routine that consists of brushing my hair, my cute but crooked teeth, and applying a light amount of mascara that i stole from mama, and puttin' cute cherry red lipgloss to my plump, naturally pink lips.

no one ever says anything to me about the lipgloss, which is great!

but i can never let mama see it, never ever! she would be so disappointed.

i love my mama, i really do, but she can be such a meanie sometimes! once, i wore a pink shirt because i like the way the color complimented my eyes, and she hit me and told me pink is a girl color! and that god would not want me to wear pink, like a fag! but i don't see the problem, pink is just a color, ya know?

but oh well! enough ranting.

i slip on my black jeans and white button up shirt, the same outfit i always wear. we don't have a uniform at our school, but this is the outfit mama always picks out for me.

i'm a little late for school today, so i don't bother putting on my shoes before rushing out the door to catch my bus.

i get on, smile and wave to the nice bus driver man, and take my seat in the very front.

i slip on my shoes and look out the window, ready for another great day at school! man, i adore school.

🎀

after classes, i agree to meet my girlfriend, jenna, at my locker! she's the best! she's so sweet, very gorgeous, and is supportive of whatever i do! but, i just don't feel right kissing her. i dunno. it just feels... off.

i open my locker and admire the pictures of very muscular men i have hanging up, smiling to myself a bit. they're all very handsome!

i put away my books neatly and close my locker to see jenna standing there.

"hey, babe!" she says excitedly, kissing me lovingly. but i don't kiss back. i'm not a fan of kissing her, like i said.

"hi! i love you, but i've gotta catch my bus, i can't miss it! mama will be so mad at me.." i rambled a bit and cocked an eyebrow when jenna shook her head.

"no no! i wanna drive you home today, your mom said it would be a good idea!"

hmm, why does mom want me to be driven home by jenna? isn't it the same as just riding the bus?

oh well! i shrug off the thoughts and nod, following jenna to her car, getting in the passengers side.

🎀

"you're what!?" i shout in shock, fumbling with the purity ring that is right on my finger. "b-but mama! you can't send me away!"

"tyler, honey. they'll take good care of you! they'll fix you right up!"

"but mama! you don't understand!" i whined, tears spilling from my eyes. "i have a girlfriend! i love her! i play basketball, i am not a gay!"

"then why don't you kiss me back?" jenna said sadly, you could hear how hurt she was. i didn't wanna hurt anyone!

"and why, do you have posters of men hanging in your room?" papa asks, holding up one of a cute guy i found in a magazine.

"and, you stole my mascara! and my cherry lip gloss!" mama adds.

"so?" i argue. "that doesn't mean i'm, g-gay!"

then, from around the kitchen corner, a tall, fit, white man with a weird haircut and blue cargo shorts with a matching polo on, smiles at me and walks my way.

"listen son, we are taking you to a place that will help you with all of your problems! the symptoms your family, friends, and lover have pointed towards me are symptoms of homosexuality. it's one of the worst diseases. trust me, i was a fag, too. just like you!" he said cheerfully. it was almost scary how happy he was about accusing me of something i'm not!

"but sir, i promise! i'm not a homosexual!"

"oh, boy. listen, kid. normal teenage boys don't have posters of muscular men and steal their mothers makeup!"

that got me quiet.

"at true directions boot camp, we'll fix ya right up. don't worry, your stuff is already packed and we leave now!"

🎀

once we arrive at true directions, i am taken by very buff, straight men who wear the same blue outfits as the white dude who took me here, to a woman who is called sister miss mary.

she tells me about their objectives here at true directions, and gives me one of the blue uniforms.

the buff men take me to a room filled with a bunch of other boys who are "fags" and wear that dang blue outfit, too!

i am told this is where i'll be staying until graduation.

one boy catches my eye, though!

he's pretty handsome. but in a friendly way! i am NOT gay!

he sits on the edge of his bed covered in blue sheets, smoking a thing that looks like a cigarette, but it smells way worse! and it's got green in it.

"are you smoking broccoli?" i ask innocently, setting my stuff down on the empty bed next to his. "and were you born with pink hair?"

he chuckled, rolls his eyes, and blows smoke in my direction. "no, dumbo. i was not born with pink hair. and this, this is called weed! it makes you feel good."

i cough and scrunch my nose, putting my hands on my hips. "that was not nice!" i whine. "and, if god wanted you to have pink hair, you would've been born with it!" i huff, earning a laugh from the dumb, pink haired boy. i don't think he's very handsome anymore. he's mean.

well, maybe just a little handsome, but that's not the point!

i am the best basketball player on the team, and had a wonderful girlfriend! i don't belong in this dumb camp.

i am not a homosexual!

hey it's me again PLEASE leave feedback i'm super excited for this book and have a good feeling about it also i would take it in the ass for stoned josh anyone else