Chapter Ten

[Urgh you guys are going to hate me even more for this chapter D: ]

[Eve's P.O.V.]

It begins to get dark out in the park, but I'm so happy to finally be outside and so close to Andy, that I just lay down on the bench and put my head in his lap. His hands go to my hair, and I'm drifting off when I suddenly feel self conscious. I snap my eyes open, and dart up off his lap.

 "What's wrong?" Andy asks, his hand  slipping into mine.

  "Someone's watching us- there!" I say, and point to the figure in the shadows. It disappears, and  I hop up. I begin racing after it. I can see the silhouette ahead of me, and I pick up my pace. They figure takes a sharp turn down an alley, and without thinking, I follow it. It's a dead end, and I slam into the black clothed person. We both crash to the ground, and in the midst of the head pounding haze, I manage to grab a fistful of whatever the person is wearing. 

 "Eve!" I hear Andy call out. I don't answer. Instead, I grab the person with both hands.

  "Who are you?" I ask. It's not in a mean or demanding way, I'm just curious. The person notices I don't want to hurt them, and sighs. I'm guessing it's a girl, based on the way her voice sounds.

  "I'm Allison. Look- I'm sorry for watching you, it's just- this is going to sound crazy, but I know you." she says quickly.

 "Allison, it's fine you were watching- I don't care. Sorry for chasing you down. And what? I don't know any Allisons." I say, and she sighs again. 

 "Don't pretend you don't have them too." she says flatly. What is she going on about?

  "Have what?" I demand. She groans.

  "The F.E.A.R. dreams! The Army Of The Wild Ones! You're that one girl who started it- and you're A's girlfriend." she says. I blush and look down.

 "I'm not his girlfriend." I mutter, and she raises an eyebrow. She's about to say something, when Andy catches us in the alley.

  "Eve- what the actual fuck were you thinking?" he demands, running over to me. Guilt washes through me, he must have been really worried. I look up at him sheepishly.

 "This is Allison. She has the F.E.A.R. dreams, too." I say, trying to avoid telling him why I chased after a random girl down an alley. He gives me a weird look, and walks over to us.

 "I know who you are." she says dryly. "You're A."

  "Yeah, in real life they call me by my full name, thanks." he says sarcastically. I can tell they dislike each other.

 "Hey- no need to be so rude to each other." I hiss, looking between the two of them. Andy glares at me- he still hasn't forgiven me for following a stranger down an alley without so much as telling him why or where I was going. I decide to explain it later tonight, if he'll just hear me out and try to like Allison. She's got pale blonde hair, green eyes, soft brown skin, and is dangerously skinny. She's dressed in all black, and has a charming smile.

 "Look, it was a pleasure meeting you, but I need to get Eve home. She was in a car accident awhile ago, and she needs to rest." he says, pulling me up. I shoot him a death glare- I'm not a child!

  "Oh- so that's why she wasn't in the F.E.A.R. world for so long!" Allison exclaims. Andy looks shocked.

  "Oh.. yeah, that's probably why." Andy says, and tugs on my elbow. "We should probably go home, Eve. You need your rest." I pull out of his hold, and look to Allison.

  "I'm not a little kid, Andy!" I hiss, and he looks shocked. I don't want to soften up too much, though. I regret snapping at him, when I see his eyes look confused and slightly hurt. I just want to talk to Allison. I sigh, and even though I want to pull him into a hug and apologize for bitching at him, I speak to Allison.