Chapter One

I awake to hear the intro of Perfect Weapon blaring on my phone. The sound of Andy screaming hurts my shocked ears, but my heart races at the sound of his voice. Absentmindedly, my fingers lightly brush over the tattoo on my wrist, which is the BVB logo, with wings of flame on each side. I have a jacket with the same thing on it, I'll probably wear it today. I got the tattoo the day I turned eighteen, seven months ago. It earned me a 3 month grounding and a lecture every day, but it was worth it. Black Veil Brides means everything to me, they are my entire world. The alarm begins repeating, and eventually my mom shouts, "Turn that racket off!" so I swipe my thumb across the snooze button on the screen of my phone. Time for school. What a drag, that place is. It's a good thing it's my last year of high school, and almost over too. I pull off my covers, and shiver when the cold hits me. God, I hate mornings. I yawn, and jerkily get to my feet. Black dots spread across my vision, and I stumble for a moment. Once everything is clear, I head to the bathroom. While I wait for the shower to get warm, I brush my teeth and get my clothes ready, all black, as usual.

Once I reach school, I turn my headphones up to ensure I don't hear any of the bullshit this place has to offer. Instead, I aimlessly write in my notebook, while I Am Bulletproof plays in the background. The teacher shouts something, but I don't look up. The song switches to Rebel Love Song, and I foolishly hum  to it. I feel a painful tug on my ears, and look up to glare at my teacher. She pulls on them again, and I mutter, "Alright! I'll take them out, calm down." I take them out, and she continues droning on. I hold one earbud in my fist, and lean my head on it, so I can still hear the music.

"Eve!" she snaps.

I look up lazily. "Yes?"

This causes her lips to stretch in a tight line, and she walks over and grabs my arm.

"I refuse to tolerate this. Out!" she says saucily, and I am yanked out into the hallway. I jerk my arm out of her tight grip, and shoot daggers at her with my eyes. She crosses her arms, and stares back with equal vigor. I hate this woman.

"Anything you'd like to say so I can continue teaching my class?"

"I never told you to drag me out here, you chose to. I'm not stopping you from going on, so by all means, continue and leave me be." I hiss, and she throws her hands up in the air.

"Enough! To the principal's office!" she exclaims, and once more I am dragged away against my will. I imagine the F.E.A.R . leaders tossing me in a cell as I am pushed into the office. The principal looks up, and his brow furrows when he sees me. I used to be a pretty good kid, I guess he liked me or whatever, because he always seems disappointed when I get in trouble, which is a lot. It kinda bothers me to see him upset, he's always been a pretty good guy.

"Miss Black here was listening to music in class and giving me cheek." my teacher, Miss Kathes, says. I roll my eyes, and she glares at me. I didn't give her cheek at all, I just stated the truth!

"Eve, Eve, Eve.. what am  going to do with you?" he says, shaking his head. I shrug nonchalantly, I don't care what they do to me. I only have 3 months of school left, I don't need this. Miss Kathes sighs audibly, and Mr. Ross looks extremely annoyed. No one likes her, not even him.

"I want you to call her parents, if she can't handle acting like a mature person, she can go home." she hisses, and my eyes lighten. Yes! Sure, my mom will yell at me the whole way home, but I'll just toss the, "I'm a legal adult and can move out at any time," her way. Mr. Ross puts his head in his hands for a few seconds, and looks back up at us. I plead silently for him to send me home, and finally, he shakes his head and looks to Miss Kathes.

"Fine, I will call Eve's parents. You may go, Debbie." he says, and she looks at me smugly before leaving. I hate that woman, more than anyone or anything. Mr. Ross looks at me, and I feel a smile tugging at my lips.