Starting a conversation

Once you think you've had enough of admiring your crush from afar, It's time to talk to your crush.  There are many different relationships you and your crush can have, so there are multiple ways to approach your crush.  I will tell you all of them.

If your crush doesn't know you exist:  Take it slow.  Don't just suddenly start talking to her.  For a few days, just say a simple "Hi" or "Good morning."  Later you can start asking questions, like "How are you?"  After saying things like these for a while, start talking to her regularly.  For instance, If you are near her and she says something like "Ugh, I just hate Mr. Sargo," you can say "I know, he's the worst!" Saying things like that are good conversation starters if you're in this situation.  You can also start the conversation by saying something like "Have you seen the latest episode of Castle?" or "How did you do on that last test?"

If your crush knows you exist, but doesn't really talk to you:   Just start talking to her.  If she already knows you exist, it won't be as awkward to talk together.  NEVER talk to your crush when she's with a large group of people.  That just increases the awkwardness and makes her less likely to actually want to talk to you.  Try to find her when she's alone.   If you want to take a risk, ask her to help you with homework or something similar to that.

If you and your crush are friends:  Give her signs that you like her.  You don't want to make it obvious, but you want her to be able to catch on.   Maybe let her "Catch you" looking at her a few times or GIve her more compliments than usual.  Whatever you choose to do is right, because you know your friend.  If she ever asks you if you like her, don't say no, but don't say yes.  Shrug or just give them a smile.  After they ask you that question, start being a little more obvious about your crush on her.

If you and your crush are best friends:  You should just come out and tell them.  It may be awkward, but if you say something along the lines of "I just thought you should know that I've liked you for a pretty long time now.  I don't want this to change anything between us- unless you want it to- but you have a right to know," then it should be fine.