// CHAPTER 2 //

Y/N's POV

Sleep in her room? What is she even talking about? I realized I was alone in the garden and decided to follow her.

"Hey, Lauren, what do you mean by sleep in your room?" I asked still confused when I reached her at the lounge of the palace. She was sitting on the couch with a magazine. She faced me when she heard my question.

"First of all, it's Princess Lauren for you. And second, you're supposed to stay here during a week to get to know me," She said in an obvious tone and my eyes widened at the response. "I can tell that you didn't know that, just by your surprised face... Well, deal with it." She said and turned to her magazine again.

"What? Why didn't anybody tell me about that?" I asked still shocked and tried to reach my phone to call Emma or dad, but I realized it was not in my purse as I couldn't find it there.

"Look, I don't know. They just told you were gonna be here for a week to stay with me, including sleep with me so we could get along and kind of learn what our marriage life will be like, but I don't think you want to sleep with a drunky, right? Don't worry, I told Ally to get you another room, we have plenty of those in here." She replied, now annoyed by me and stood up facing me.

"You can't blame me if it is you who puts up this attitude." I said and crossed my arms also facing her. "Ugh, I can't believe dad did this to me" I sat down on the couch and groaned. "God, why me?"

"I seriously don't understand why you're complaining if it's me who's suffering. It's a privilege for you to even get to know me."

"Oh, yeah? Enlighten me with the reason why, please?" I raised an eyebrow at her while she sat by my side.

"If you'd just stop acting like you already know me because of the news, and start actually getting to know me, you'd figure the reason why by yourself." She answered in a smooth tone and not so aggressive anymore. I instantly felt guilty. I was indeed judging before really getting to know her. Maybe I should just give her a chance. I'll need to live with her anyway in about months...

"Ok, I'm sorry. It's just really difficult not to judge you. And I'm really confused and mad about this situation I was put into." I said and reached for her hand, which she pulled away quickly.

"It's ok... I don't blame you, though." She looked at me "But it's just the way I live my life. I'm not like you, at all, and I don't want to change either. My life is perfectly fine just the way it is." She said looking at me in the eyes, but I could tell she was lying by her body language.

"If you say so..." We heard footsteps coming down the stairs and we looked up.

"Lauren, I'm sorry, but Y/N can't have a separate room. She'll be sleeping with you. Orders from King Augustus." It was Ally and she spilled the news. Lauren made a face and groaned, but seconds later she smirked and I frowned confused.

"Ok, Ally. It's not a problem anymore, right Y/N?" she turned to me and raised her eyebrows still smirking.

"I guess..." I simply replied confused by her change of heart.

"Well, good. It's already 1pm and the lunch is served. You two can go eat whenever you want." With that said, Ally went outside and left us alone.

I heard Lauren sigh and look at her phone. "I don't wanna have lunch. You can go if you want..."

"Wow, I was expecting better manners coming from a Princess, as you like to remind me every five minutes." I said and she rolled her eyes at my comment "Didn't your mom teach you how to be polite?"

"Well, she could have, if she were alive. But I think you're aware that she's gone." She said and I face palmed myself inside feeling guilty. Again.