~Side Chapter: James POV~

Start from the beginning

I tightened my grip on my hair when I heard Mrs Harley's voice. It became muffled but I still knew what she said. 'He won't be joining us from now onwards.' She didn't further explain but I knew. I wasn't sure if everyone in the class understood, definitely not Tina, but I knew. I knew he's dead. That was enough to make me realize how I really really don't want to be alive right now. If Kenneth and Reno and Jasper are gone, why shouldn't I be gone too? I'll be with them. That's what I want. I don't want to be in a classroom full of unaware naïve idiots. I don't want to be in a silent empty home where the only sound is the muffled cries of my mum from the next room. I don't want to be in a world without my brothers who meant everything to me. I just want to die.

The lesson went on but I didn't look up again and Mrs Harley left me. She probably knew about what happened to my brothers. It's her job as a teacher to know which of her students are 'emotionally unstable'. After the lesson was over, I heard footsteps walking towards my desk and polished black shoes appeared next to the desk.

"What's wrong James?" I heard Edmund's mocking voice "Already fallen asleep on the first lesson?" He laughed and there was an echo of laughter behind him. I don't want to deal with this child right now. He's not even worth the effort I'll spend to reply. Edmund always bullied me. He never stopped. Started from kindergarten until now. But I never cared because ever since day one, Reno was always there to beat him up. Reno was always-
He was always-
He was always...there.
But now he's not. Reno's not here to protect me anymore. Reno will be never be here to protect me anymore. Reno is gone. He's not alive. He's dead.

Dead.

My view became blurry as tears made their way back to my eyes. I want my Reno back. I want my Kenneth back. I want them both. I want them, now! I bought my sleeve up again and rubbed my eyes furiously. Edmund must've thought I was still asleep because he tugged my hair sharply from behind. I yelped in pain and bought my hand up to my head but without looking up.

"What's up with that jacket, kid." Edmund laughed "Parents too poor to buy new clothes? Is that why you have to take your luckier brothers' old clothes?"

I felt rage engulf me and before I realized it, I had attacked Edmund and I was pushing him on the ground, clutching his collar tightly. He wasn't worthy enough to speak of my brothers! He doesn't deserve to speak about them! I want to hurt him! I want him to learn his lesson. Oh, the look of fear on his face just pleased me. But someone was pulling me off him, I tried to push them away but they were bigger than me, older. The dragged me to a chair and pushed me down on a seat, holding both my shoulders, telling me calm down. I looked up to find an infamiliar boy with white-blonde hair and the darkest black eyes.
"Who are you?" I glared at him as he smiled towards me.
"I'm Kenji, nice to meet you James."
I shoved him away and got up. Why does he know my name? Why does he think I want to know who he is? Who does he think he is to stop me from doing what I wanted? I don't like this boy.
"James!" Mrs Harley came inside the classroom "Don't be rude to our guests."
I went back to my seat and slumped down, pulling my hoodie over my head and glaring at the table.
"I'm sorry Mr. Yamero." Mrs Harley told the white headed boy.
"It's alright." He replied "I understand."
I felt like throwing the table away. Understand? Understand?! You don't understand anything!

"Where are the rest?" Mrs Harley asked.
"They're on their way. I just came here before them." Kenji Yamero replied. "I wanted to get to know the class."
"Thats very nice of you." Mrs Harley smiled.

When everyone was seated back to their places to start a new lesson, three more boys around Kenji's age entered the classroom. They waved and smiled at everyone and at the end, their eyes landed on me.
It made me uncomfortable. I don't want them to look at me then give those 'I feel sorry for that kid' eyes and force themselves to smile fakely. I hate it. Kenji was the only one who genuinely smiled. He said he 'understood'. Maybe he didn't know what happened.