Land of Waves: The Start

"And mission - pick up the garbage accomplish!" Uncle smiled. "Great job!"

"What's so great about picking garbage?" I muttered, dumping the bag of junk and shivering.

"Urgh, gross," Sakura whispered, shuddering.

Well, I finally found something in common with Sakura. Then something occurred to me. 

Using my elbow, I nudge Sasuke in his side.

He shot me an annoyed look. "What?"

"She likes you," I said, referring to Sakura. "You doing to do anything about that?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sakura's face brightening and her eyes lighting up.

"No."

Sakura's face crumbled.

"I don't like her."

Her shoulders drooped and her face fell further.

I didn't want to hang around depressed-Sakura anymore, so after hooking my arm around Sasuke's, I began dragging him to where Naruto and Uncle was.

"I can walk, you know?" Sasuke grumbled.

"Nah, I like dragging you," I said, smiling. "I always do that to Uncle Kakashi when I was younger!"

He rolled his eyes.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto cried as I released my grip on Sasuke and as Sakura came, miserably drooping.

"Yes?" Uncle's eye rose from his page.

"We are only getting lame D-rank missions! That's so lame!"

"Naruto!" Sakura gasped. "Don't be rude - "

"Can't we have another mission?" Naruto whined.

"Well...." Uncle rubbed the back of his head. "Let's report to the Hokage first."

When we reached there, Uncle walked into the Hokage's office and bowed his head. "We completed the mission, Hokage-sama."

Sakura, Sasuke and I bowed our heads in respect. Not Naruto.

"Hey, Old Man!" Naruto cried.

"Naruto!" Sakura hissed.

"I want another higher ranked mission! I'm sick of these D-ranked missions!"