Chapter Three

Magsimula sa umpisa

The rest of me left as is. There wasn't much other than my hair I wanted to change.

"That's all." I told the butler standing before me.

"Thank you. Please confirm once more." He replied.

"Of course." I responded to him waiting for the next set of instructions.

"Understood. Saving your desired set of characteristics. Please enter your preferred name?" He asked.

"Dark Stroke." I replied.

"Understood. Please have a look at your skill options that will open in a moment." He replied as his eyes turned white for a few seconds. "Skills are split into three options and branch off from there. These sections are Weapons, Magic, and Physicals."

Looking at the skills I wondered how I wanted to set up my character for future use. Thinking how many games I have played where both physical and magic attacks have saved me, I decided to level them up equally. Using the twenty Skill Points awarded for beginners I went through the Weapons skill tree. Knowing swords are my favourite choice of weapons I bypassed the trees for Lances, Shields, Bows, Daggers, and a few others and went straight for the swords.

For the first tree there were two options to start off. Both were attacks that incorporated some magic within them to deal more damage.

Slash and Stab, they were called. Slash added some fire damage and increase the damage inflicted by 2 points. Stab gave it a bleeding effect that was considered as continuous. It also increase damage by 2 points.

I chose Slash and Stab giving 4 skill points to Slash and 2 to Stab.

I switched to Magic and saw that it mostly dealt elemental damage, however, there was a disabled and blacked out tree to the far right which didn't have a name. I wonder what type of magic is that.

The four elements were all available to choose from and I chose Fire and Wind. Thinking I could combine the two in the future it could give me the edge that is needed.

As I tried to insert a Skill Point into Fire a Notification popped up and gave me the following message:

Magic Limitations

Unable to use Elemental Magic

"Sorry, sir. It seems I can't level Magic." I asked the butler in front of me wondering why it was denying me the opportunity to use magic.

"Due to your unfortunate circumstances, the General Managers of the server's have allowed you personal access to your own skill tree. After hearing about your condition the creator of the game made a whole new magic skill tree for your use. He called it Chaos." The butler began not breaking his composure. "It should be disabled on your Skill Tree but once you insert a Skill Point into the first skill it will become available to you."

"How could the creator design and develop a skill tree just for me? It's impossible to do so in this short of a time." I responded unsure of how it was possible.

"He has been working on it for a few months now, but finished it for you. You are the only one in the game who has access to this type of Magic."

"Won't that be unfair to the other players?" I asked him in a concerned voice.

"No it won't. For a few reasons." The butler spoke once more. "Firstly, it takes longer to level up as in it takes more Skill Points to unlock new spells. Secondly, the creator has ideas in a secret boss that the players have to defeat in order to beat the game. He wants you to do it. And of course." He continued stopping me from voicing my concern about the matter. "You are free to do as you wish within the game, and will not be tied down to a single location like all other bosses. Finding you is part of the quest."

"Sounds like fun." I replied as I unlocked the Chaos Skill Tree at the loss of a Skill Point. Two options immediately made themselves available to level up. Chaos Wave and Chaos Blast. Wave send a distortion wave forwards towards the target dealing up to 10 damage which is higher than what Fire and Water offered. I gave it six Skill Points which leveled it up three times. it's damage was now close to 18 points.

Blast sent an explosive orb towards the intended target that explodes on impact. Giving it another 6 Skill Points it leveled up twice, now dealing 22 damage. Now that 19 Skill Points are taken I looked at the Physicals section.

There was two options to choose from which seemed like the norm for all the sections. One was tempering your body to withstand more damage, Tempering. The second was to enhance strength for more powerful attacks as well as allowing for more weight to be carried, Strength. I decided to add the last Skill Point into Tempering since I was still beginning and didn't think I would be carrying so many items.

"Thank you for completing the Character Defining. You will now be transported back to your last known location which we have as...Desolate Plains. Enjoy your game, Mr. Dark Stroke." The butler said just before my vision blurred once more and almost instantly I found myself back on the level plains staring out over dozens of Lizards who have now turned their attention to me.

"Well, this should be fun." I said equipping my sword.