Οχτώ

Three Weeks After

Can you just forget the past? Like in a blink of an eye? Or maybe slowly like a passing wave in the ocean, like the slow sunset or the morning after.

I for one remembered that I had a dog named Ruffles who died when I was 7. The fight I had back in forth grade with Diane something? I know that since it left me with a scar on my thigh because of a pencil that injured me there. Even the first kiss I had with Jared.. I still remember all these years.

So answering my question, no. You can never forget the past. For more than a week now, I've been thinking of what had gone wrong with Mikhail. He was a good man, the first time I saw him? Or is it because I like him? That I don't see the flaw of the guy? Or maybe because I slept with him there's this kind of connection we have now? Or like just,.. I just like him too much, I don't even know.

Urgh.

This is those times where I hate being a girl. Overthinking makes me insane and should I say, I get insane a lot. This, being another of my tantrums.

I grabbed the tea cup I had just ordered and sipped the hot liquid trying to clear my thoughts.

Here I am, in the middle of town, inside a local cafe, ditching work for 3 consecutive days straight now. I can be sick for 3 days ya know.

Damn the Greek guy with green eyes putting me in so much trouble with heartache and all the sh*t.

He never called nor messaged. Now showed his shadow and that irresistible smirk in from of my doorstep.

Just like the Little Mermaid, he disappeared in the bubbles. Just like that. A single snap of the fingers. My thoughts were cut with a knife when my phone started ringing with Celina's personalized ringtone.

I rummaged my pink VS handbag and took the call ASAP. A girlfriend is supposed to be one of the other's beck and call.

"Celin-" I started but got interrupted instantly as she screamed on top of her lungs. I swear I think a huge spider is on her tub or maybe a roach is down her bed that she can't walk through outside her door and rush outside for the pest personnel to control all the insects in her house.

"AHHHH" she sobbed, "Sig"

"Hey, what is happening there?" I stood up to gather my belongings and jogged outside the cafe since I take it that Celina needs a shoulder to cry on and I bet Dylan is the suspect. Wouldn't blame myself from cutting his junk and feeding it to the crows now, would we?

Just as expected, she countered, "Dylan happened"

See? Girls know what the problem is firsthand. So don't freaking lie about not sleeping with blonde Barbie if we asked you about it or who ate the Ben and Jerry's in the fridge. We know. It's creepy, but we know and if we don't... we still do.

My feet rushed in the bus stop as I waited for Celina to respond, but all the cries made me certain she 't narrate the story on the phone. Just remained calm and soothed her the most general way possible, "Don't cry over it, he's not worth it."

Yeah, I guess I know how to comfort people... a bit.

Just as I'm trying to figure out what to say next, my phone dropped down the pavement while turning for the block. A man taller than men I know stood before me with a smirk on his lips and said in a British tone, "Hey Beautiful"

He has a navy blue button down shirt that matches his darker skin tone and has on a pair of black jeans, added to his charm, his smirk came to a full smile. He is attractive, needless to say, with a scent of spicy Lacoste perfume only rich people could afford.