Ένα

The blaring noise was now music to my ears as I got more intoxicated by some unfamiliar bitter taste of alcohol.

It is my day to have fun now apparently. I just moved on with my 7 year relationship to grave. I have to let go they say. My bestfriend has been my anchor from all this despair. Said I was just moping and giving myself an early death for no good reason. Jared was my first everything, you couldn't forget the first everything, you know.

I'll be honest, I am that girl you see in the room who has her eyes in books yet her mind elsewhere thinking of 'what if's' and 'what I did wrong'.

Overthinking is my middle name, even if my parents didn't gave me one officially. I know deep inside me and my best buddy Celina Jarabo knows this.. God I'll most probably die with so much in my mind all at the same time.

My eyes scanned the pub I was in for the last 2 hours now and I can see Celina at the dance floor swaying until the sun burns up again I bet.

A tipsy smile crept up to my face and hold onto the next shot to finish. I asked for the bartender for a tequila shot and for the first time in a long time, I did emptied the glass and felt the heat down my throat.

God doesn't this feel so good I could just scream my lungs out and be merry.

"Take the chaser" the bartender, I've known as Kayla, interrupted my thoughts.

She's a lively girl with curly hair up until her mid back. From the looks of her white smile and darker complexion, she's what to call as black beauty. I'm not racist and if you see her, you'll go lesbian. That tall girl and charming beam is hella attractive.

I nod my head and took the lemon she's pointing at. "My first Tequila shot ever", I slurred.

She was doing the shaker as her eyes met mine with a laugh, "There's a first time for everything"

"Yeah, I'm worst though am I?" I shook my head and regret it.

The whole place was spinning in seconds. I hated the fact that I'm alone at this bar with knowing no one but Celina at the center dance floor.

With my head on my hands, Kayla giggled, "Don't look down, you'll get more dizzy. You know what I met worst than you. Some throws up pretty bad. You have been drinking for some time and I have to admit. You got skills"

"Skills... Not as good I have in keeping a guy apparently" I raise my head as said.

"Tell me about it, if I may ask" she looked at a man by her other side and spoke, "Here's your drink boss"

I played with my fingers and shrugged, "Guys do like fvcking a lot right? Seems like I ain't do fvcking good"

No way in my sober and normal day would I ever, ever, and ever say that out loud. Those things are just meant for me and Celina, my sister from another mother. Not even my other friends knows about why I'm suddenly left by my oh-so-perfect Jared. Well, who's perfect now uh? He lost someone who loved him. I lost someone who doesn't give a sh*t.

When I wake up tomorrow morning with my head banging ache, I know I'd regret. But anyways, at least I had fun the night before. Drunk girls say things they wanted to say but can't say when they're sober - how true this is.

"Why you said that? Did he told you you svck in bed?" She got interested even though she'd heard tons and tons of stories while doing her job in this very bar.

"Not really. Said he needed time to think things up. Obviously, I svck in bed and his other girl does better" I said passively.

Jared was all nice and really defines all the good things. But no one is perfect right? Maybe he is too good and nice to end things up that quick and I maybe I was just blinded and kept on holding onto the relationship which was already been long given up without my knowing.