8. Crazy

"Wait, you're doing what?" I speak into the phone, my voice raspy from the recent events. You remember the whole, running from a psycho werewolf murderer, thing.

"I'm going to get him drunk." Stiles replies, the sound of bottle clanking in the background.

"Are you sure he can even get drunk?" I ask, grabbing the blue tube of paint from the side table next to me.

"No, but what's the harm in trying?" I pull the cap of the paint out of my mouth, after putting a dab of it on my palette.

"You've got a point there." I hear sound of Stiles' car door closing, the engine rumbling softly over the phone.

"Hey so uh, how are you?" I hear is voice soften as my paint brush glides across the canvas.

"What do you mean?" I ask, slightly zoned out as I watch the paint cover the surface.

"About the whole Derek thing." At the sound of his name my hand froze, the long streak of blue coming to an abrupt stop in the middle of the canvas. Suddenly images of the other night come flooding back, the alpha, Allison and Scott breaking up, Derek dying. "Liv? You still there?"

I shake my head slightly, clearing my head and coming out of my trance. "Yeah, yeah I'm still here. And, I'm fine, thank you."

"Liv, I know when you're lying. You can talk about this wi-"

"Well maybe I don't want to talk about it!" I snapped. The paintbrush falling from my hand, the blue paint splattering across the wood floor. I stood, walking into my bathroom and wetting some paper towel. "Look, Stiles, I know you think talking about it will make everything better but I've dealt with losing people before. I have my way of coping and if that means locking myself in my room and sleeping for most of the day, the so be it.

"I'm sick and tired of everyone telling me to talk tot them about it. I don't want to, is that so hard to understand?I just want to stay here, in my feelings, painting till it all goes it away. Is that too much to ask for?" The silence on the other end of the phone is interrupted when Stiles lets out a sigh. I can practically picture him pinching the bridge of his nose, his eyes shut tight.

"No. No it's not, but I'm not just gonna sit here and watch you make yourself completely miserable all because of some guy." As I was wiping up the paint from the floor I felt tears fall, dropping to my hand that was currently cleaning.

"He wasn't just some guy alright? I know how stupid and cliche that may sound, but he was a friend. Just like you, Scott, and Jackson. If one of you were to get hurt this is exactly how I'd act." I stood, throwing out the paper towel and taking a seat on my stool once again.

"Are you sure that you thought of him as just a friend?" He asked, causing my to freeze again.

"Of course," I answered, grabbing the paint brush and picking up where I left off. "don't you have a heartbroken werewolf to pick up?"

"Yeah, look are you gonna be okay?" Now it was my turn to let out a sigh.

"Yes Stiles, I'm a big girl. I can handle myself." I heard him chuckle slightly, the sound of a door opening through the phone.

"Alright well Scott's here so, have fun painting." He hung up abruptly, and I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"I will."

                       ______________

I stood on the steps of the school, one hand in my front pocket, the other holding my phone. I watched as Allison's dads car pulled in front of the school, my eyes rolling almost automatically. I pulled my phone up, texting Stiles to tell him I'd see him in class.