7. Howlin for You

"Where's my boss?" Scott asked Derek. I wrapped my arms tightly around me and shivered as the wind blew.

"In the back." He responded. Stiles looked down into the car and grimaced, "Well he looks comfortable." Stiles and Scott then began to walk away.

"Woah where are you going?" Derek asked as the stopped, turning towards us.

"You said I was linked with the alpha, I'm gonna see if you're right."

               _______________

"That's it. I've officially been proven right, they are complete idiots." I spoke up, throwing my hand in the air. I let out a sigh and leaned back on my hands, the hood of Derek's car cold beneath my palms. I sat forward again, my jerky movements due to the lack of sleep and about six cups of coffee this morning. "I mean, why even test this? Why not just give you the benefit of the doubt you know? What are they even planning on doing?"

Scott and stiles had recently gone into, or more like broken into, the school to do God knows what. Derek turned, his hands in his pocket.

"I don't know, something stupid probably. Now can you stop twitching?" He asked.

"No need to get all snappy." I leaned back once again, sighing for probably the eighth time today. Suddenly a noise ripped through the speakers, sounding like a cat stuck in a blender.

"What is that?!" I yelled over the noise, looking over at the school.

"They're so dead."

                          __________

"This door's not gonna hold him!" I yell as we all push against the front doors of the school. The alpha had just shone up, killing Derek to announce his arrival. Scott had carried me in, forcing me away from trying to grab Derek's body.

"Stiles, no." Scott spoke up and I turned to Stiles' eyes locked on something outside.

"Stiles, listen to Scott, you are not going out there." As if he didn't hear me, he opened the door, making his way out. "He's such an idiot." I mumbled. My eyes widened as I saw the alpha walk out from behind his jeep.

"Stiles!" Scott and I yelled in unison. He looked up, making eye contact with the alpha, and bolting up the stairs and through the doors.

"Where is it? Guys where'd it go?" I asked, extremely panicked. We walked away from the door, Stiles still shining the flashlight at it.

"That won't hold will it?" Scott asked nervously.

"Probably not." He replied, still out of breath. We all looked out at the empty hall, the flashlight not providing enough light. I looked at the both of them, we all had the same look on our face. So we bolted, me running ahead of the two of them and heading for the closest classroom.

"This isn't gonna keep it out." Stiles said as he held onto the edge of the desk. "It's your boss."

"What?" Scott asked in a hushed tone.

"Deaton, your boss. He's the alpha." I stepped back a bit before Scott exploded, not wanting him to talk across me.

"No it can't be." He replied as soon as I'd stepped back.

"Think about it, he disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air. That's not convenient timing?" He spoke quickly.

"It's not him." I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness.

"He killed Derek," I spoke up, both of them turning to me.