Chapter 21

"Luna! Alpha!" A wolf from my pack fought through the crowd to us.
"Out front! There's two rogues! And Andrews out there!" He exclaimed. I grabbed Mattie's hand as we ran to the doors.
I burst out front and saw Andrew laying on the ground. I ran over and grabbed him. He looked at me, not a clue as to what was happening. I handed him to Mattie and shifted into my wolf.
I jumped between the two wolves and they both stopped, shifting. I recognized one as Cadence and the other as Lucas. I shifted back and growled loudly.
"What the hell is going on?" I yelled.
"I was coming to the house and saw someone jump out of a window. I saw the child and I'm not sure why but I knew I had to protect him." Cadence said.
"You." I looked at Lucas. "What were you doing with Andrew."
"He's my child!" He yelled. "I'm taking him." He lunged at the wolf holding Andrew as Cadence yelled, shifting into his wolf and jumping on Lucas, breaking his neck. I gasped and stepped backwards. The wolf holding Andrew had his back turned with the baby cradled to him. I heard a scream and Carmine came running out of the door.
"What?" She yelled. "Why does it hurt?" I ran to her as I realized what was happening. He just killed her mate. Rejected or not, it still hurts. I pulled her into my arms as she sobbed. I looked over and Cadence stood there, looking at the ground.
As Carmine calmed down she lifted her head and began to smell the air.
"What's that smell?" She asked quietly, slowly standing up. Cadence looked at her with the same look she had and she walked towards him.
"Mate." He whispered.
"No no no." She whispered. "How?" She asked.
"I don't know." He whispered back. She turned and saw Andrew, running to him.
"Oh baby." She said, holding him tight.
"You! You kidnapped him!" She pointed at Cadence.
"Well! I didn't hurt him!" He tried to defend himself.
"Come on." I said to Mattie. He nodded and followed me inside.
"I'm sorry everyone." I announced. "There was a problem, it has been solved. But if you'd like to go then you can. I'm so sorry." No body made a move to leave and I smiled. I turned to Mattie to find he wasn't there. I began to look around when I heard his voice. I looked over and he was standing on a table.
"Excuse me!" He yelled. Everyone stopped talking and looked at him.
"As you all know my mate is Everest. I'm in love with this girl. She's always on my mind. And I wouldn't want it any other way. She's carrying our child and I wouldn't want it any other way. From the day I first met her I knew there was something special about her. And as we grew up I began to love her more and more. When I found out we were mates I was the happiest man alive. So today I have a question." He jumped off the table and came over to me. I laughed as tears flowed down my face.
"Everest Ashton Moon, Will you marry me?" He asked as he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring.
"Yes!" I jumped into his arms as everyone clapped.
"I love you Angel." He said.
"I love you too."

2 Months Later
I sat on our bed and twirled my engagement ring around my finger. We had one month until our little girl was born. We went last month and found out it was a girl. We finally decided on the name Reagan Grace Stone. I picked the first name and we gave her the middle name grace after his mom. She's obviously gonna have his last name.
"Hey angel." I looked up and smiled as Mattie walked in.
"Hi." I mumbled. He say next to me and leaned down, peppering kisses around my stomach. I giggled and shook my head.
"What would you like to do today?" He asked me.
"Hm. I'm not sure." I shrugged my shoulders.
"Well. Would you like to go shopping for the baby today? After all. We only have a month left." He suggested.
I nodded my head and got up.
I threw on my black sweatpants and Mattie's white sweatshirt. I put on my black boots and we went out to Mattie's truck.
"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.
"Uh yeah. I'm just tired." I said. He looked at me and I smiled at him.
The truth is I'm not okay. I have a month until Reagan is born and my dad isn't here. He'll never get to meet his first granddaughter. He'll never be able to spoil her and he isn't here to help decorate her room. I just don't know how to do this without him.
I hadn't realized I was crying until Mattie pulled over and grabbed my hand. He reached over and unbuckled me, pulling me into his lap. I laid my head on his shoulder and let the tears fall freely down my face.
"Angel what's wrong? I just want to help." He muttered.
"He won't be here to meet his first granddaughter. Our baby lost her grandfather. My mother lost her husband. My sibling lost their father and it's all my fault!" I cried.
"Hey. Angel. No. It's not your fault. Calm down. It's okay. What happened wasn't your fault. Your dad knew that going into war would result in casualties. He knew that he may have been one of those casualties. Keegan killed your father, not you. It isn't your fault Angel. Don't ever think that. Please." He whispered to me. I nodded and wiped my face as the tears stopped.
"I'm sorry." I whispered to him.
"Don't be sorry. You never have to be sorry about anything." He whispered back, planting a kiss on my lips.
"Do you want to go back home?" He asked softly. I shook my head and crawled back to my seat.
"No. Let's go shopping." I said. He nodded and got back on the road.