Chapter 18

"Hurry up Matthew!" I yelled. "We're gonna be late!"
"I'm coming!" He ran down the steps. We went out to the car and I shivered. It was starting to snow.
"Tomorrow's Christmas Eve." I said.
"I know." He nodded.
"What are we gonna do?" I asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Well. You're dads definitely coming down. All of my family. Should the pack come?"
"What the hell are you talking about?"
"Don't you ever have dinners? Like with your family on Christmas Eve?"
"Not really. It's been me and my dad since I can remember. There was jut two of us and he was always so busy with pack stuff." He shrugged.
"Oh." I whispered.

"Careful." He said, helping me out of the car. I nodded and slowly stepped onto the icy ground.
"This whole lot is ice." I mumbled. Mattie chuckled and I smiled. "I missed you."
"It was two days." He said.
"Two days too long."
"I missed you too angel." He said. I smiled as we got to the door.
"Tell Zead we're here." I said to the lady at the desk. She nodded and went to find him.
"I'm sorry." He whispered as we sat down to wait.
"For what?" I asked.
"For leaving. For not being there. I should've been there when you found out." He mumbled.
"It's okay." I said. I kissed his cheek and smiled. He smiled back at me and leaned over, pecking me on the lips. I giggled and he blushed.
"Luna. Alpha." Zead called. We got up and went back to the room with him.

"Right here." Zead opened a door and I laid on the bed. He lifted my shirt up so he could see my stomach.
I shivered as he spread the cold gel over my stomach. He moved his wand thingy around and smiled.
"You definitely have a pup in there." He said. "You're about three weeks pregnant. But since you guys are both from powerful blood lines your pregnancy will last for three months. He should be born around March 24."
"Thank you." I smiled as he wiped the gel off. I hopped off the bed and hugged Mattie.
"Come back and see me next month. I'll be able to tell you the gender." He said. We nodded and went home.

After we got home I called Mattie's dad and arranged for someone to go pick him up and bring him to our pack for Christmas. I told everyone about our dinner and then I got to work.
I got out all the Christmas decorations and hung them everywhere. I dragged out the tree and started setting it up when Carmine walked in.
"I just got him to fall asleep." She said. I nodded and kept on working on the tree.
"What's the point?" She whispered.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"What's the point of decorating? What's the point of doing Christmas? It won't be the same." She said quietly.
"It won't be the same. I know. But he would want us to celebrate. He wouldn't want to be the one slowing us down from doing things." I said. She nodded and I pulled her to me.
"Go get some sleep Car. I'll take care of Andrew." I said.
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive." She nodded and left the room.
She's right it won't be the same. Nothing ever will be.

"Everest!" Matthew shouted.
I groaned and got up, walking down the steps.
"Who is Cadence?" He growled.
"Well. Funny story." I chuckled lightly. I told him what had happened at the store and he growled.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He shouted, standing up.
"Don't yell at me!" I yelled back, standing up as well. "It was right after things happened. I took care of myself! You weren't there so I took care of myself! You walked out that door. Leaving me to wonder what was going to happen. And then you called me. Saying you were coming back because I was pregnant! I thought you didn't care! You walked out that door so goddamn easily! Not even a tear in your eyes! My dad left me and then you did! What did you want me to do?!" I wiped the tears that fell down my cheeks and turned around, going back up the steps. Stupid boys, stupid tears, stupid hormones. I just wanna go to sleep. So I did.
"Hey. Angel. Wake up." I opened my eyes and saw Mattie. "Angel.  I can't sleep. I tried. But you're mad at me. And I can't go to sleep." He whispered. "I'm not mad at you. I'm sorry." I whispered back. He smiled softly and looked down at me with pure adoration in his eyes. I scooted over and patted the bed. He climbed in next to me and I giggled as he pulled me to him.
"I love you angel. You don't ever have to apologize for anything." He said, kissing me. I smiled and kissed him on the nose.
"I love you too. Now let's go to sleep." I groaned. He chuckled and nodded, pulling me to him as I fell asleep.