01 | bloody mary & drunk talks

Start from the beginning

"You're such a tease," said the man, as he let out a beautiful chuckle. I couldn't help but smile. It was the brightest thing I had heard the entire day. I threw a pathetic attempt at smirking his way and sat back on the chair. The stranger took the seat next to me.

"A drink, please," I called out to the bartender. "Something strong to drown myself in."

I turned to my right to look at the man. He just sat there observing every slight gesture of mine. Maybe, it was because of his beauty, but I suddenly felt insecure. I felt like I was scrutinised for my behaviour.

"I'd like one of whatever this fine woman is having," he finally spoke.

"Coming right up," the bartender chirped. Well, someone was having a great day.

Quickly, two shot glasses were placed before us and I took a swing at it first. The liquid burned my throat but I liked that. The stranger still observed me and then, eventually said, "Is your life that miserable?"

I let out an unamused laugh and after asking for another, I told, "I make my own life miserable."

"You should stop making it miserable then. You only live once," he said as he took a sip from his drink.

"You don't understand. I can't walk away. I just cannot. Something pulls me back always. I want to leave but I just can't," I tried explaining. I realised that no matter how many times I tried telling it out loud, the truth still remained the same. He had me tied down.

The bartender brought my drink and placed it before me. I mumbled a thanks and smiled. "I'm so fucking hopeless," I sighed.

"I don't think you're hopeless," he said as he gulped his remaining drink in one shot. I watched intently as he placed the glass down on the table gently. His Adam's apple bobbed up and then down as he swallowed the liquid completely. The green and blue lights of the club illuminated his face. In that moment, this beautiful stranger had all my undivided attention.

"You don't know me," I gulped down the translucent liquid in the glass before me. I felt quite hazy. Was I really that light headed? The stranger looked at me; his face showed no confusion or puzzlement.

"Maybe, I don't," he said after thinking twice. The man didn't let me call the bartender again. I guess it was evident that I couldn't hold it anymore.

"No one ever does," I shake my head, helplessly and push myself up to stand on my feet. However, my cerebellum didn't quite get the gist of what I wanted. Barely able to stand, I fell. The stranger quickly caught hold of me and supported me.

I giggled. Of all the things in the world my drunken brain could make me do, it made me giggle. The sane me would have hit myself over and over again for that but the drunk me couldn't even make out the difference between anything.

"I'm so wasted," I sighed out uselessly.

"You want to bet on that, princess," he laughed. His arms wounded around my waist to hold me in position. I chuckled and rested my head on the nape of his neck.

"Let's get you somewhere safe," he said more to himself than to me. I was simply smiling stupidly at his kind gestures. My brain couldn't give any botheration whether it was well intentioned or not.

He walked me out of the club and I didn't protest. In front of the club was parked a sleek matte black Audi. My eyes widened as I pushed myself away from his grip. The man looked at me, confused.

"Is this yours?" I gaped. He let out another one of those throaty laugh and nodded.

"Oh no. Are you trying to be my sugar daddy?" I accidentally blurted.