Epilogue: Kyle

This epilogue takes place 2 years from the events in Chapter 26: Confident and it's Kyle's P.O.V of the events from Emily's epilogue. There's some stuff here that's not in Em's epilogue so please check it out so that you don't miss anything. I deleted it a while back but now I've changed my mind about leaving it out, so...

Song: Kevin Edmonds feat Babyface- A girl like you

"Today. I'll ask her today."

Great, now I was talking to myself. I popped the small black velvet box open for the hundredth time and ran my finger over the stone embedded in the golden band.

'But what if she says no?' my conscience nagged me but I pushed the thought far away to the back of my mind.

She wouldn't say no. She loves me.

Although...she had been acting strangely lately. Cancelling our dates, refusing to let me into her apartment. I had even asked her to leave the apartment she had moved into after the whole Michael debacle and move in with me a couple of weeks ago and we'd ended up fighting when she refused. Now every time I brought it up she would brush it off and kiss me to divert my attention. She knew that always worked.

Those lips...I just wanted to...

I shook my head and laughed at myself. Even thinking about kissing her distracted me. My phone rang and it was the limo company telling me that the limo I had booked had arrived. I straightened out my tux and pocketed the box. It was time to ask the woman of my dreams to spend the rest of her life with me.

I gave the driver Emily's address and sat back scrolling through pictures of her in my phone. I stopped at the one of her wearing a pair of Toy Story pyjamas that I had taken the last time she stayed the night with me at my house. They were her favourite pyjamas and they had actually grown on me too. Before I realised it, we'd arrived at her apartment. I'd been so entranced staring at her beautiful smile that I hadn't realised we'd travelled that whole distance. I went up to her apartment and knocked on her door.

Maybe tonight she would let me into her apartment and I could kiss her and hold her and tell her how much I love her.

She opened the door just when I was imagining kissing her against the door.

I smiled at her and leaned in to kiss her. "Hie beautiful." I pulled away and took the chance to take her all in. She was wearing a beautiful black gown that moulded perfectly to her body and swirled at her feet. The blackness of her gown made her green eyes practically dazzle.

I looked back up to her face and saw her just staring at me with a slightly worried look on her face.

"What's wrong Em?" I asked her worriedly. She kept staring at me, looking like she was thinking something over. Finally, after a long silence she smiled but I could tell it wasn't really a genuine one. It didn't light up her face like her real smiles did.

"I'm okay Kyle," she reassured me but I still wasn't convinced.

"Are you sure love? Because if you don't want to go I'll understand and we can stay in, order some pizza, watch a movie?" I gave her a smile. I just wanted to be with her and I didn't care where as long as we were together.

She shook her head firmly and her long brown hair bounced around her shoulders from the action. "No. You said this dinner is really important so we're going."

I'd only said that to keep her from cancelling on me like she'd been doing lately.

"Your presence is the only important thing about this dinner. As long as I'm with you, I don't care if we're in a five star restaurant or in a cave under a mountain," I told her. Her mind wandered again. I could tell from the way she was staring blankly past me like I wasn't even there. What was on her mind?