6. Can't keep my hands to myself

Song: Selena Gomez- Can't keep my hands to myself

After lunch I had back to back meetings with Cole, the other realtors and the board of directors. The last meeting ended at four-thirty.

"Emily, can I have a word?" Cole said just as I was about to leave the boardroom with everyone else. I sat down and he waited until everyone was gone before he spoke again.

"How are things going with Mr Clarkson?" he asked, lacing his fingers beneath his chin.

My eyes widened. Cole knew about my one week deal with Kyle?

"Has he decided on a house yet?" he asked again giving me a strange look.

Ohhhh. He was asking about the houses. My lungs started working properly again.

"I showed him a couple and he liked one of them, the Manhattan Mansion. He said he needed a couple of days to think about it before he makes a decision," I said.

Cole nodded. "Thank you Emily. That'll be all." I stood up to leave then turned back at the door.

"Who is this guy?" I asked him.

"He asked me not to say and I'm inclined to respect his wishes," Cole replied. I nodded in understanding. He looked at me hesitantly as if he was deciding whether to say anything else. "Just...be careful, okay."

I nodded again, confused and walked out. I got home, showered and prepared pasta for supper. I ate on the couch this time, watching Phineas and Ferb (cartoons were my guilty pleasure). My phone rang and I checked before I answered and saw that it was Kyle. I stared at the phone conflicted. The way Cole had warned me to be careful had set off some alarm bells and my skepticism had kicked in. Now I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through with this one week deal. But I also wasn't planning on anything permanent with Kyle, just a few days of unhindered fun. I bit my lip, trying to decide what to do then at the last second, I answered.

"Hey Beautiful. I thought you were asleep or something. Did I wake you?" Kyle said in a voice laced with concern.

"I was just in the lounge and my phone was in the kitchen. Sorry," I lied.

"Oh, it's okay," Kyle said, back to his bubbly voice, "How was the rest of your day? Anything interesting happen?"

"Just a tonne of meetings, nothing special," I replied hugging my knees to my chest, "Except..."

"Except what?" Kyle asked when I stopped mid-sentence.

"Cole asked me about you. If you've made a decision on the house," I replied.

"Can I see it tomorrow and give you my verdict then?" he asked.

"Sure. Name the time and I'll be all yours." I cursed inwardly when the words left my mouth. I couldn't seem to stop myself from saying stupid things to Kyle.

"All mine. I like the sound of that," he said huskily. The tone pulled at my core and made me want to do something dramatic like back-flips.

"I should...I should go now," I stammered.

"What's the rush Beautiful? The night is still young and I haven't told you," Kyle said still in that husky tone.

"You haven't told me what?" I asked. It came out as a whisper. His voice must have elicited a chemical reaction in my body that rendered my vocal chords mute.

"How much I want you and all the things I want to do to..." I hung up before he could finish his sentence.

Whoa.

I felt hot all over. Kyle's words had brought inappropriate images to my head and they weren't in a hurry to get out. If I hadn't hung up I probably would have invited him over and let him put his words into action. I took a deep breath to compose myself. What was wrong with me? One line that was vaguely explicit and I was ready to jump Kyle's bones. Being single for a year will do that to you. I almost jumped out of my skin when my phone chimed indicating a text.