13. Day 4

Dedicated to mghtyRoar for adding this story to their reading list. Thank you!

Song: Jessie J + Arianna Grande + Nicki Minaj- Bang Bang

I was convinced my heart would never recover a normal, steady heartbeat as long as I kept sharing a bed with Kyle. That and I would never be early for anything. I woke up late Monday morning and hurriedly got ready for work. Kyle was in the kitchen flipping pancakes when I finally made it out of my room.

"Morning Beautiful," he said with a big smile as he piled pancakes onto a plate and handed it to me.

"What's all this?" I asked as I scrutinized the pancakes. They were actually pretty well done, surprisingly.

"Never heard of breakfast before?" he cocked an eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes at him and forked a piece of a pancake into my mouth. The pancake melted on my mouth leaving me feeling like I had just tasted a piece of heaven.

"Oh my wow!" I moaned with my eyes closed, "This is so fluffy and so good!" Kyle remained silent and I found him staring at me when I opened my eyes.

"What?" I asked him.

"I'm just making a mental note to make pancakes for you all the time so I can get a bit of that foodgasm you've got going on there," he wiggled his eyebrows at me. I tossed a serviette at him and he dodged it and poured me a glass of juice.

"I'm late enough as it is and now you're feeding me. I'm gonna get in trouble with my boss," I complained but I accepted the juice and dug into the pancakes.

"You can just tell him you had an early meeting with a client. It wouldn't be a complete lie," he said leaning back on the counter with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Mmhh," I mumbled. Kyle fixed me with a burning look that made me cross my legs involuntarily. I licked away a bit of whipped cream that was stuck on my lips from the pancakes and his look turned predatory, lust emanating from his eyes.

I gulped and stood up hastily. "I should probably get going. Thanks for breakfast," I bolted for the door and was almost halfway out when Kyle called out to me.

"You forgot your keys," he said dangling them on his finger, which meant I would have to go near him to get them back. The thought of it made me want to sink into the ground. I stood hesitantly by the door, seriously considering how hard it would be to hot wire my car.

"I promise I won't bite," Kyle teased, cutting into my deranged thoughts. I walked over to him, feigning bravery and reached out for the keys only for Kyle to lift them way above my reach.

"Really?" I asked, acting annoyed and Kyle smiled mischievously at me in response. "You're going to make me late, give me my keys." I held my hand out for the keys and he placed them in my palm, all the while looking directly into my eyes. His fingers lightly grazed the base of my hand and a thousand volts of electricity ran up my arm, coursing through every nerve. Kyle took a step closer to me and planted a kiss on the corner of my mouth bringing back all the images and feelings from last night when he did the same gesture. My eyes shut of their own accord and my heartbeat sped up.

"I'll see you later?" he asked and my eyes sprang open. He had stepped back and now stood holding my hands. I nodded and we left the apartment together then he waited for me to drive off before he headed to his own car.

***

"I feel like I've been replaced. I never see you anymore."

"I'm sorry Laura. It's been hectic lately but I promise you haven't been replaced," I reassured her over the phone as I went through some paperwork in my office.