Something there

(Druce's POV)

The endless blue sky filled my vision as the wind raked through my hair. I was alone on the moor , the lushness of the green making the scene look fasinatingly serene. Then , I saw her. Her thick black hair flowed wildly in the wind, looking like a flowing waterfall. She was smiling, the most adorable dimples brackening at the sides of her small mouth.  I stared at her, marvelling at how flawless her skin looked.  How lovely her radiant eyes were, sparkling with such lifeliness . I felt a sudden shot of excitement. Here I was, this really adorable girl infont of me, smiling at me! Me! Yet for somewhat reason she was too familiar...as if i knew her. I opened my mouth, giving her my flirtarious smile, most girls wouldn't resist ready to ask for her name. When I realized she was smiling past me. At that moment, I felt a cold presence behind me. It was a figure, a figure I knew. It was him. That man Miette was seeing. I would recognize the broad width of his shoulders. My eyes widened, and my fist hardened. I whirled back, deciding to ignore him. But she wasn't there anymore. She was with him. Smiling. Laughing and it felt painful. They seemed to drift further apart from where I stood, as If the ground was expanding. I moved, wanting to grab her hand. Desperate for her name. Desperate for her touch when she turned her head back to glance at me.

"Miette...?"I murmured, finally recognizing her, stopping, stunned in my tracks. My eyes snapped open, and I jolted awake.

"Yes, sir and she requested to see you. "

I glanced up at my secretary who was stiffly seated in her chair, her cubicle just next to mine.Thats right. I was at work.  I frowned at  the words she had just spoken, letting it sink into my mind.

"Excuse me?" I said, still stunned about the fact that I fell asleep during work.

Lisa glanced at me for a second, her blond curls bobbing softly around her oval face. She was a young girl about 24 but she was, takes a serious fondness to chewing gums. Even at the moment, her mouth chewed busily onto the pink gum that showed when she spoke. 

"A young lady is outside waiting for you at the reception centre, boss. She says her name is Miette and she brought you a package." Lisa repeated, in between her chewing. I raised a brow curiously. Miette came to visit me? My thoughts went back to my previous dream only moments ago, and I felt my body tense. 

"I'll be there." I informed, getting off my leather seat and heading for my office door. 

"Will do, Boss."Lisa said, and the bubblegum popped sharply. Running a troubled hand through my hair, I slowly made my way pass my staff who sat at their respective desks, some hanging around the water dispenser. A sudden pride swelled in my chest at the thought of showing Miette this Fashion Incorporation I owned and managed. I made my way into the lift and pressed for ground.

"Good weather, sir." John, one of the designers greeted as he leapt to my side, just managing to avoid getting squashed as the metal doors shut. my lips quirked up into a friendly grin.

"Terribly good weather, John." I replied, then noticed the file in his hands. "Clients?"

John nodded, flicking his blond hair. "Yes, sir."

The lift dinged, and the G-sign flashed. The metal door slided open and the first thing that caught my eyes were a crowd gathered at the reception counter.

"What in crusty old grandad?" John muttered, also heading towards the direction of the crowd. I grabbed a shoulder and my marketing director's freckled face spun around, shocked. He looked a little bit embarassed, but then Shawn was always like that.

"S-sir."he stuttered, his eyes darting around in a clandestine manner.

"Whats everyone doing here, Shawn?" I asked, trying to look pass the bodice.

"Seems like there's this really cute girl sir and she seemed like she was looking for someone."Shawn did a dreamy sigh, looking into the crowds. "Unfortunately, I don't stand out as much as Josh and Roy. They're in front trying their luck with her."

I raised a quizical brow. Josh and Roy were our fashion models. At that moment, I caught a glimpse of black hair. Not just any black hair. It was her black hair. Miette. My saliva turned dry as I moved through the crowd breezily, my staff automaticallly making a path for me. As expected, Miette was in the front, looking insecurely at Josh,who had an arm drapped around her. Another man's arm around my wife.

"So, how bout a date this Saturday then, cutie?" I heard Josh flirt and felt like shoving a tree up his arse after making sure I punched him senseless.

"Well, thats too bad. She has a date with me."I growled, harsher than I intended.

"Druce!" Miette squealed, her eyes widening adorably at me. Ignoring the dirty look Josh shot at me, I yanked her out of his grip and led her away from the crowd effortlessly.

"Hey! Your grips really tight, Druce!" she whined, as I forcefully dragged her into a private room, making sure I locked the door. I whirled around angrily, finally letting the anger burn.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?!" I hissed, and watched as she flinched, biting her lower lip, her eyes locked onto her feet.

"I'm sorry for not asking your permission. But I didn't have your number, Druce..."she mumbled then looked up at me pleadingly. "Its alright! I didn't tell anyone that we're married so if-"she swallowed, looking terrified by the moment. "If you do have like-a girlfriend here...she doesn't know that-"  

I snorted, cutting her sentence off rudely. "You're not answering the question Miette."

She looked at me pathetically, a finger twidling with the hem of her skirt, then she then slowly lifted a box I didn't realize she was carrying and brought it cautiously to my face."Its lunch and i thought you'd like something."

Now I shut up, feeling a little bit mean.

"Whatever. Just don't ever come here again." I warned, snatching the box away casually. Miette nodded obediently."Okay."

I headed for the door, ready to unlock it when I gave her one last look before finally letting out what was bothering me. "If Josh or ANY other male  asks for your number, don't you dare speak a word."

She nodded again, looking a little confused. "Okay."

Then I left, leaving her as I stalked straight into the lift. It was only when I made sure there wasn't anyone around that I  smiled to myself, checking the box. Cupcakes. The elevator dinged and slided smoothly open. Just as I stepped out, Josh stepped in, looking slightly pissed.

"Congrats boss. you've got yourslef lucky finding someone so sweet." John said appearing at my side as I headed towards my office.

"She's just a ex schoolmate."I lied. "Just wanted to get Josh off her back."

John nodded actively, knowing straight out it was a lie. "she got you something, sir?"

"Cupcakes."I answered, when I caught a glimpse of Shawn heading for me.

"Sir, I'll work for you without a month's payment for her number. I know you might be protective over your cousin but I'm willing to do it. "he blurted, while John and I stared on. 

"Miette told you all that she was a cousin of mine?"I stated, mentally rolling my eyes. Shawn nodded vigorously, still looking like a faithful puppy waiting for my answer. I unlocked my door and slammed it shut without a word. Why am I feeling...annoyed? I had the urge to slam my fist into a wall, right there and then. 

Calm yourself down Druce...I flicked on my computer and worked vigorously, trying to get things off my mind. Of course it didn't.

"Did you see how cute her breast were?" Josh's voice pierced through the air as I headed for my Porsche, ready to get home. 

"I would love to fantasize about her in my bed. God, think about her wearing a lace nightgown next to you, in bed, with that cute face.Its too much." John's voice could be heard too. I growled, shoving the car keys in, not wanting to listen to their conversation.

"I would wanna hear her moan my name for me. I love it when cute girls give a turned-on face. It makes me excited." Someone else said, and I turned the keys. Driving off, without looking back.