the guilt stab

I REALLY HOpE THIS CHApTER IS FINE!! YAyS!!! DO GIVE ME FEEDBACKS B4 I GET REAlLY SHAD AND DIE!!!! COMMENT!! LOVES!!!~~

(Miette's POV)

The brass bell jingled as I stepped into the shop. Today I found John at the counter. He raised a brow as I neared him.

"I thought a zombie just walked into the place." he greeted accusingly.

"Thanks boss." I muttered, before catching my reflection in the glass pane of the counter. No wonder. I had hair sticking out of my head as if a bird nested in my head last night and my eyes dropped heavily, losing its usual spark.

" So how did the dinner go?" he asked leaning forward.

"Fine." I lied then shrugged. I didn't want to bring up that bad memory. Druce wasn't joking when he said he didn't like me. Okay...way to go for making myself feel more miserable.

"Are you sure it went fine?" John asked cautiously, leaning forward even more.

I retreated ready to snap when the brass bell jingled. We turned. it was the same girls as yesterday with a friend.

"She told me she collects CDs." John whispered before going to entertain her. I rolled my eyes, looking at the pretty girl.

Sure she did.

I watched them with half closed eyes and sighed dreamily. Why can't Druce be like that?

Before I knew it, the day had ended and I was staring into the beef stew I had just finished for Drew. That was when he came in. I turned at the man that entered the room. Druce was dressed in a rumpled white tee looking gorgeously distracted.

"D-Druce !!" I yipped like a happy puppy and went flying across the room, into Druce's arm.At that moment, a force slammed me sideways and I fell, stunned.

Did he just push me away?

"Ow...Druce, that really hurt." I moaned, looking down at the floor before trying to get up.

"You're just weak." he muttered stepping away as if nothing had happened. For once, I glared up at Druce. Tears threatening to pour down my face.

"Excuse me? I wasn't ready to give up but being rejected like this..." I couldn't stop the tremble in my voice as I placed a hand over my heart." it hurts here Druce."

He didn't flinch at all.

Then I ran, I ran like hell down the steps as if a ghost was after me. Screw all this! Sobs erupted from my mouth as I reached the landing, the cool night wind hitting my face. Suddenly a hand grabbed me. I turned, my eyes widening.

(Druce's POV)

"What the hell man! how could you do that to your wife?!" Lucian's voice rang sternly through the line as I ran a finger inside my collar to ease my chaffed neck. Guilt was starting to prick the back of my mind as my eyes scanned the crowd of people.

"Miette was a damn sweet kid. Remeber that time she nursed you after that fight? She never did anything to you Druce and you know it!" Lucian scolded and I growled with annoyance. As much as I knew Lu was right, I hated it. She shouldn't have done that to Candice. She was my favourite regular at the club. But right now, not knowing where Miette was made me panic more than anything.I scowled harder, not listening to Lu anymore as I squeezed through the crowd, shutting my phone. Faces of all shapes and sizes filled my view as I made my way to the town hall. Why the hell were there so many-

I stopped and stared. There she was in front of a cafe hugging a man.

My fist tightened and I felt a sudden anger rush through me. WHO THE HELL IS THAT!?

I moved but then caught myself. What just happened? Who cares if she's with another man? She was smiling at him as they pulled apart. I was so close, so close I could hear her gaily laughter. the ones she used to give me when we were young. I muttered a curse and turned.