Gone

SO SORRY FOR LATE UPDAtE BUT I SWEAR THAT I JUST LOsT THE WHOLE PENDRIVE OF THE UPDATES ON THIS STORY... SO I DECIDED TO MAKE tHIS CRAZY DECISIoN OF ReWRITING USING MY PHONE. SO yES- I AM DOiNG A SLOW AND PAINFUL PROCESS OF TyPING ALL THESE ON MY PHONE. THUS I APPOLOGISE FOR THE LOUSY PloTTiNG SINCE THIS A WIERDEr VERSIoN OF SpoNTANEOUS...AND I PROMIsE To eDIT IT AGAIN ONCE I STOP THE 'GROUNDED' PERIOD AND GET MY LAPPY BACK!!!

SO DO COMMENT OR BETTER YET VoTE!!!!~~ I SOLEY OATH TO GET BETTER AND STOP BEING A FAILURE!!!!~~ kiss kiss<3

[MIETTE's POV]

I sat on the swing, my ponytail swaying wildly in the wind. The sun was about to set, creating the most magical golden rays. Druce pushed me higher and higher, so high, it felt as if I could just reach out and touch the magic that spreaded out before my eyes. My giggles blended in with the cool breeze and i glanced back at my companion, shyly.

"Is it too high for you, Miette?" Druce asked, smiling handsomely at me, and the swing slowed into a slow lazy momentum.

"Not at all, sir." I replied, smoothing out my ruffled birthday dress I had just received from my parents earlier this morning for turning ten. I glanced up at the man with stunning green eyes and felt a crimson blush forming on my cheeks as I my eyes slipped to the side.

" Sir Druce, d-do you reckon that you'd still be with me ?" I asked nervously, chewing my lower lip. "You know...till I grow up?"

I lowered my eyes shyly, wondering about the suitability of this question. After all he is an adult and I...I am not.

A sudden chuckle made me stiffen.

"What are you saying,miette?" Druce grinned, amusement in his eyes. My stomach tightened at this embarrassment.

"I'm a big girl now. I-I demand an answer." I stuttered haughtily.

He moved and knelt before me so that our eyes met.

"Of course, Milady."he answered huskily." Miette, will you marry me?"

My eyelids fluttered open and I took in the view of an unfamiliar ceiling.

"Druce?..." I whispered, turning to the other side of the bed, almost desperate to see his sweet face that resonated with my dream.

It was empty.

Groaning silently I dragged my body up, then indulged in a long, satisfying stretch. Finally I decided to slip into my bedroom slippers, my eyes trailing Druce's rich golden and red room. At one end, there was a huge French door that led out to a varendah that looked heavenly basking out in the sunrays. I smiled as my eyes glazed lazily around once more. To think...I'd finally be here...in Druce's very own bedroom.

At that moment, my eyes landed on the alarm clock by the bedside table that ticked 8.30.

Shit.

I was late for work.

"I am sooo sorry for being late!!" I yelled busting through the door that triggered a brass bell. CDs and oldies piled the neat grey shelves, filling every corner of the room with a nostalgic sense. A sudden sound made me look up and I immediately spotted a familiar blonde head.

"Get over here, Miette!! You know I can't get everything done myself!" John, my boss yelled, his voice muffled.

"Coming!" I yelled back gaily. John, was also my former senior and since My family is too rich, I decided to help John with his business after high school instead of working or so. I made my way to where John was admist the boxes.

"New ones?" I inquired, bending down to pick a CD up.

" Yeah. Just came in." John huffed, arranging the CDs, his auburn coloured eyes heavily concentrating on the job.

I grinned to myself as I starred at John. He was only a few years older than me but he was super mature and always took everything seriously. In fact, I saw John as an older brother at times instead of a boss due to the way he would fuss over me when something bad happened. The brass bell jingled and I snapped out of my trance. John glanced up.

"I'll take over the counter, you go on stacking them." he instructed and I nodded furiously in reply. "Oh, and also, stop staring at me will you ?" He added, smirking. I gaped at him.

He noticed???!!

At that moment, I noticed who the customer was. No doubt one of his admirers, seeing the way she looked at him. I smiled and resumed my task. John was no doubt a girl magnet, probably the reason why his business runs well.

"So hows your new husband?" John bellowed and I jumped, unaware that he was just behind me. I rolled my eyes, turning to face my boss.

"You gave me a heart attack!" I hissed. john just smirked, picking up more CDs. I exhaled, resuming my task. "Druce doesn't like me and he hated the news."

John gave a low whistle. "I would too." he joked making me scowl.

"What a great friend you are."I muttered sarcastically, whirling at my boss. John held up his hand, as if surrendering. "I really pity druce for having such a meanie as a wife."

"Johnnnnnn..!" I whined, pouting.

"Okay okay...i got it.' he chuckled, then turned serious. "He'll come around, maybe you should cook him dinner."

I binked at John, taking in his suggestion. Not to brag but I am awesome at cooking. Perhaps he'll come around after dinner. I gave John a tight hug and squealed.

"I'm gonna make the best dinner ever!!"

John sighed, returning my hug. "You go, Miette. After all they say a way to a man's heart is through his stomach!"