Two : Too much shít, guys. Too much shít.

Warning: This book is published so not all of the content is available. The Chapters available here is the Kindle Sample. One Friday Night is available on Amazon for ebook and paperback :) 

~*~   

The moment we coasted to a stop, a laugh is already bubbling inside my chest. When Ryder confirmed that the store we stopped in front of is our destination, I am full on ROFL-ing with matching tears streaming down my cheeks. I barely give two shits about the people staring at me as they walked past. The whole thing that is happening is too hilarious that if I were a normal white girl, I would have been literally unable to even. Like, I cannot even.

Ryder looks at me awkwardly, "Allie, are you okay?"

I shake my head, still laughing, and open the passenger door. A tall man in a charcoal black suit helps me out, hair peppered with gray, eyes the color of cool, Mediterranean blue, and lean but built for speed and not power. I remember him to be the one with Ryder last night at the bar. I thank him profusely and dart towards the pristine glass doors of Tiffany & Co. as if the place was my home. Well, it kind of was but not really.

You see, my mother — Que son âme, par la grâce de Dieu, repose en paix — had this sort of crazy habit of hers that whenever we went out, she would always drop by at this exact same boutique and just look around or chat with Penelope, the manager of the store. At times, she would bring me along with her and buy me whatever caught my eye. After her untimely and gruesome death when I was six, things just haven't been the same, especially for father and me. Even now, the memories this place evoke is too much. It's been such a long time.

Still, I plow through and walk straight inside the store premises with Ryder hot on my heels. I stop in the very middle of the store, ignoring the attendants eyeing us in interest and turn to a thoughtful looking Mr. Black.

"Okay, so now, we're in here. Can you please tell me what the joke is?" I demand lightly, crossing my arms for full effect.

Ryder rolls his eyes. "There is no joke, dolcezza. We are here to get you a ring, an engagement ring to be exact."

My eyes widen in horror. A ring? "B-but..." I spluttered. "I thought we would have to have a formal engagement!"

Ryder stops in his tracks, looking very much surprised. I'd be too if I didn't know that whatever he heard from me is just me... stalling.

"Is that what you want?" he says, his voice low enough just for me to hear. "I didn't know—"

I sigh in frustration and pinch the bridge of my nose. "Why are you doing this? This is not necessary, Ryder."

"Actually, it is," he says in a matter-of-factly tone.

"For the love of— I have a ring already!" I exclaim, holding out my left hand.

With a single fluid movement, he grabs hold of my hand, takes off the diamond ring on my finger, and— oh, my gosh, guys, here's the most absurd part. Ryder ass-hat Black throws it behind his back. His henchman/bodyguard was stationed by the door and was opening it to leave, probably to wait by the car or something, so the ring flies over his head and lands God knows where!

My jaw goes slack at his ridiculousness and the hundreds of thousands of dollars going down the drain. "What the hell did you just do?" I whisper in horror.

"That was another man's ring on your finger. What else was I supposed to do?"

"That was a Harry Winston ring, Ryder! I could have sold it and fed a whole third world country because of it."