Chapter I: Return from Darkness - Reunion

A/N

Hello, my name is Zero. This story I wrote is a sequel to Valiant Hearts II by Kuugen the Fox, I read his amazing story, and after I finished reading it... well I cried for about six months, then I had an epiphany, I could continue the story myself. Kuugen told me that my story was not an author approved sequel, but he gave me the go ahead to write my story. I hope you who have read Valiant Hearts II will like my story. Please enjoy. Your feedback would be very welcome, and appreciated. Also I suggest, if you haven't already, reading Kuugen's Valiant Hearts II. It's awesome, and, if it wasn't obvious, my story is following directly after Chapter 28 of that story. Duh. So if you haven't read it, then stop reading this and go read Valiant Hearts II. Thank you.

Valiant Hearts III

Chapter I: Return From Darkness - Reunion

An endless shifting darkness... That's all she could see. Her body was numb from the freezing cold atmosphere around her.

Who was she? She could not remember.

Suddenly she felt the darkness shifting around her as her memories came flooding back to her; memories from the destruction of Destiny Island and the battle for Kingdom Hearts, to the Invasion of Hollow Bastion. The memories of Her home in Hollow Bastion with Aerith, and Tifa, her training with Leon, all her friends in Hollow Bastion, and the memories of Naminé and Olette, the two people that opened up her heart, Kairi's heart.

The memories of her death at the hands of Organization XIII, the merciless execution, the excruciating pain she felt until she emerged into...another world, another reality? Kairi did not know, but she had memories of that world where the Keyblade, the Heartless, the Nobodies, none of that ever existed, a world that Kairi deep down had always wanted.

Kairi had memories of having a...sister. Was she real? That girl Xion, Kairi had memories of the two of them growing up together with "their" parents. All those memories of being a loving and caring big sister felt so real to Kairi, the love she felt in those memories for Xion could not have been fake. But it no longer mattered, not anymore.

"I failed...I'm...dead." Kairi's voice echoed throughout the endless void for the first time, causing a sort of ripple in the Darkness. Looking around, Kairi began to realize there is no glory in death, only darkness.

A deep and cold despair, colder than even the atmosphere around her, came over Kairi at the realization of never seeing Hollow Bastion or her friends...no her family again. She'd never see Aerith, or Tifa, or Leon, or any of them ever again...and Naminé and Olette... the two girls she loved, she won't see their smiling faces, or hears their laughter ever again.

The further Kairi fell into despair the more she felt the Darkness cling to her, as if feeding off the misery she was giving off.

Falling into a deep despair, Kairi drifted aimlessly through the endless Darkness.

-Valiant Hearts III-

"Dammit. Move out!" Leon ordered his search party in the direction of the sounds of gunfire and battle that were coming from the direction Ashe's party was sent to search. Is it the Organization? Leon had hoped that the summoning of Celsius would make them retreat for a time, if not then Hollow Bastion may be doomed. Leon would soon find out what was causing the disruption of the frozen wastelands eerie silence... which had returned.

Running as fast as he could with his injuries, Leon and his company continued on in the direction where the fighting was heard from.

While running at full speed Leon turned a corner only to collide with something, knocking it, or rather her, to the ground.