I looked down at it to see two plates, both with pancakes in them. Two glasses were next to them, filled with strawberry shake. The pancake in front of me had a smiley face, hearts made out of strawberries for eyes but I turned my head, not falling in his trap.

"Eat up," Zayn said, "don't be shy."

I ignored him, staring at the blank wall beside me.

"Come on babe," he reached for my hands but I pulled it back.

"Fine," he said now, "if you're going to starve yourself, then I'm not letting you do it alone."

Now I turned to look at him. This was his plan all along. Clever shit.

I wasn't going to eat, and I should've just let him suffer. But then his stomach growled loudly, as if it were on point. I couldn't just make him hungry because of me.

I sighed, giving up, "you're so annoying."

"You're annoyinger."

"That's not a word."

"Shut up."

"You shut up."

I picked my fork and knife, cutting off a small piece of the pancake and bringing it up to meet his lips.

"You eat first," he ordered.

"Just eat it Zayn."

He looked down, cutting off a piece of his pancake and bringing it up to my mouth, "eat it."

I took a deep breath, then both of us opened our mouths at the same time and ate a piece of the pancakes from each other's hands.

"There you go," Zayn smiled, "that wasn't so hard now was it?"

I ignored him, still angry with him. Just because of his stubbornness, I was having to disrupt my diet and eat all this fat.

He didn't take his next bite until I did, and I realized he'd be doing that the whole time.

After a while if silently eating that dreadfully delicious pancake, Zayn spoke up in a low serious voice, "I know you haven't been eating right, Kat."

I looked up from my plate to see him looking at me directly in the eyes, meaning it was really important to him.

"It's fine."

"No it's not Kat. Look at yourself, you're getting too thin." He almost whispered.

I tried to look away as his eyes filled with worry, but I couldn't. "I have to do this Zayn, even if I don't want to."

"You don't have to Kat," he said, "please don't do this to yourself."

I hated talking about my weight in front of anyone, especially Zayn. He was the one who saw most of me, which means he knew the most also.

"You're beautiful Kat. You are so beautiful. But you fail to realize that because if what everyone else's opinions are." He reached over and set his hand on my knee.

I didn't believe him. But I didn't tell him that, I couldn't see him more upset. There were so many people who told me I was nothing special that when I was told that I was, I didn't believe it.

"Please believe me," he said as of he read my mind, "it hurts me seeing you like this."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like you're not beautiful."

I finally looked down, unable to look him in the eyes any longer because I was getting weak.

I hated myself for being so simple. Especially when everything around me was so complicated.

He took a deep breath, "look, I know it's hard for you to be like the other models, but you don't need to be."